Sign in to follow this  

Back problem

I was ridding yesterday and I hit a unexpected drop at a fairly high speed. The rear wheel of the bike dropped out from under me and I got bucked a bit. Nothing super hard but the seat smacked my butt, causing instant pain. It was not so bad at first. Later I dropped my bike while loading it up and when I went to pick it up, I just about screamed in pain. The pain is right at the belt line and radiates outward minimally. Also sitting or bending forward is when it is the worse. Twisting doesn't hurt at all. What did I do?

compression fracture of the spine?

Get it X-rayed!

That sounds like when I had a stress fracture on my lower back... If that's true than an X-Ray won't help, you'll need a CT scan. But definitely get it checked out!

compression fracture of the spine?Get it X-rayed!

so are you saying a compression fracture is possible or most likely? Also the most sensitive spot to touch is on the right about 1" from center of spine

After 34 years in this business, I still don't have X-ray eyes. I doubt if anyone reading this does.

After 34 years in this business, I still don't have X-ray eyes. I doubt if anyone reading this does.

i understan. I was just asking if thats the most likely issue or if it is a worst case senario.d