Sign in to follow this  

Cortisone shot

Was wondering if a shot would greatly reduce the pain in my knee till July when I have surgery for a torn meniscus? I wanted to wait till July when there's a break in the racing season. I'm told to expect 3-4 weeks recovery time. Anyone have experience with an injection? Side effects etc? Thanks in advance for any info.

Cortisone shots for knee pain are left over from the bad old days. I use Torradol for this when absolutely necessary. And in the

year 2013, I removed only one torn meniscus as an isolated procedure.

Cortisone shots for knee pain are left over from the bad old days. I use Torradol for this when absolutely necessary. And in the

Thanks Mark. I was gonna email my X-rays and MRI, but it's in the dicom format and I don't have that software to open them. I will have copies of both made and FedEx them to you this week. I'd rather have a Dr. like you treat me that knows motocross.

The doctor here wants to do arthroscopic surgery, and trim the meniscus. According to my x-rays I have no arthritis in my knees at all.

I have little interest in the MRI results. The overall alignment of the legs are far more important. Send me a pic that shows you from the front while you are wearing short shorts. And from the side with your knees as straight as they go.

My email is sandersclinic@comcast.net

I was gonna email my X-rays and MRI, but it's in the dicom format and I don't have that software to open them.

There's a lot of free DICOM readers you can download. Some are better than others, but I've never had any issues downloading and installing them.....not that I know how to read x-rays, but I think it's cool to look at them :)