Throttle stuck wide open HELP!

Well i wrecked in a mud race yesterday, broke my bar clamps and triple clamps. Im ok thanks for asking lol but i just started my bike up and the throttle is stuck almost wide open. There was always a kink in the throttle cable so i dont think that is the problem. The kink is just in the outside cover. The cable underneath is fine. I really want to ride today so some urgent advice is needed. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400442177.353053.jpg

You can't tell what's going on in there, you have a problem and a cable is like 10 bucks? How do you know inside it's just fine?

Try everything else first, should be doing that anyway. Then buy the cable.

Mike

• Like 2

just lock it wide open, you will be able to ride faster then you ever thought you could. Seriously remove the whole throttle assy and cable, clean and inspect, any kinks or frays in cable or rough pull of cable through sheath is dangerous.

• Like 2

Remember - Most fathers are ignorant (I read that on TT, so it must be true).  What is the worst that can happen if your throttle hangs?  Just jump off if the bike starts going too fast.  It will stop on it's own when it hits a tree, or a group of kids.