Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

04 KX250F WHITE SMOKE COMING OUT OF THE CARB AND SPITTING GAS WHEN I GIVE IT THROTTLE?

I HAD THE AIR BOX OUT OF THE CARBURETOR I PEAKED IN AND STARTED TO TWIST THE THROTTLE WHILE ON, AND IT WOULD SPIT GAS OUT OF THE CARB. INTAKE VALVES WERE JUST CUT AND BRAND NEW SPRINGS AND VALVES WERE INSTALLED. IT WOULDN'T IDLE HARD TO START. ANOTHER THING IS THAT WHENEVER IT WOULD SHUT OFF I WOULD TWIST THROTTLE A LITTLE BIT AND LOOKED AT THE AIR BOX  SIDE OF THE CARB AND WHITE  SMOKE WAS COMING OUT.!!BIKE WAS A LITTLE WARM . I  I DON'T KNOW IF THAT IS NORMAL OR NOT. IT IS REALLY STRESSING ME OUT THIS BIKE IS NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS BUT I WANT TO GET IT FIXED AND SELL IT. NOW IT WON'T START, WHEN IT DID ,IT WOULD RUN FOR A LITTLE BIT MAYBE ABOUT 5 MINUTES THEN IT WOULD SHUT OFF AND WOULDN'T START. IT WOULD COOL OFF AND START FOR A LITTLE BIT.  VALVES ARE IN SPEC CARBURETOR IS CLEAN. ONLY THING LEFT IS THE PISTON WHICH PREVIOUS OWNER SAID HE HAD INSTALLED BRAND NEW. BIKE HAS LESS THAN 30 HRS BY ME.

well air bx it off of the carb. i cleaned out every single thing in the carb. one this i did notice though, the throttle slide on the side that goes to the head has a gasket that looks bad. It looks wrinkled. Could that be the problem? 

well air bx it off of the carb. i cleaned out every single thing in the carb. one this i did notice though, the throttle slide on the side that goes to the head has a gasket that looks bad. It looks wrinkled. Could that be the problem? 

It won't help, but that's not the problem

Is you slide plate installed with the hole near the bottom?

did you service the hot start, choke, accelerator pump, or did you just 'clean' whats under the float bowl cover?