Sign in to follow this  

carb vacuum line question

OK guys, had the bike down a while, finally got my new Shorai battery, new Shinko tires, new HID headlight, a few other things like repainting my plastics so I am a few days away from getting it back up and running

anyway...I have the Safari 28 liter tank so I don't use that vacuum line anymore which I plugged up with a bolt...BUT...I put a yellow silicone plug on this other vacuum port and can't remember why...what the heck am I forgetting here?

thanks

DRZ carb.jpg

That port should not be plugged. It needs to be open so it can reference atmospheric pressure.

Edit: for the vacuum line that you blocked off with a bolt, while it works for the time being it will probably start to leak. It would be best to follow the line down to the carb, remove it, and then plug the nipple with a vacuum cap. You can get a pack of vacuum caps at your local auto store that has different sizes for pretty cheap.
Edited by Wisconsinite762

As stated above, it will not run with that port plugged.  It will run with just an open port but normally there is a hose about 6" long that hangs down to the bottom of the carb to help keep trash out.

you know...thats what I was thinking, I am gonna move my yellow plug to the old petcock vacuum line so it doesn't leak in the future then run the old rubber line on that connection down below the engine...I thought it was the carb diaphragm vent but just couldn't remember

thanks for the input! :ride:

I know there was somebody who sold colored vacuum line kits for the DRZ on Ebay,,,I think it was for the FCR conversion but the ad said it would fit some of the stock carbs, I have red brake lines and rad hoses so if somebody remembers the link please post it

thanks again!