Sign in to follow this  

which model is this bike ?!

i have always been riding , Naked bikes , cruisers and scooters , and now i own an old bike , its my first encounter with a dirt bike and the brand KTM , so an old family friend got this bike owned by his son who lives abroad and he asked him to sell it , all i know about it is that its 250CC , 2 Stroke and model year 2007 or 2008 , i want to know the name of the model as i got lost online to find it , he just used it few times so its almost brand new and parked since 2011 , what should i do in order to try it out and get it runing would be perfect if someone can e mail me and have a little conversation my e mail is oemam89@gmail.com

10336771_10152023619372665_7547497634910163453_n.jpg

its hard to say exactly what model it is because people often times swap parts and then you end up with a franken bike. decode the vin and atleast youll have some idea but still that wont be a definite answer.

looks like a nice bike. check the coolant, gear box oil. then put some premix gas in there and see how it runs.

thanks a lot guys , i am impressed by the prompt replies , i will get the  VIN and try to look it up , i have few other questions , it seems like it doesnt have a battery , is that okay ?! 

is it oil coolant or water coolant for those bikes , and how do i check the gear box oil , you mean engine oil ? , 

aslo if i buy the bike i want it as my daily commute in cairo (egypt ) most of the road are bumy and not realy the best asphalt , plus a lot of traffic most of the daytime , would it be a good bike if i changed the tyres to street tyres ?!

you my need some fans if youll be riding in heavy traffic

pick up a service manual and it will show routine maintenance procedures. drain the gearbox oil and refill with specified amount. thats usually the prefered method. most logical method i should say

coolant is same like you would use in a car

what do you mean by need some fans does it get too hot ?! 

you my need some fans if youll be riding in heavy traffic

pick up a service manual and it will show routine maintenance procedures. drain the gearbox oil and refill with specified amount. thats usually the prefered method. most logical method i should say

coolant is same like you would use in a car

Personally if you are looking for something to ride on the street I'd look at a different model.. 

• Like 1