Sign in to follow this  

Goggles won't stay on place.

I'm having a huge issue with goggles. As I ride they work their way over my nose which forces me to 1) keep reaching up to adjust them or 2) leave them and start mouth breathing which causes me to gas and burnout within two laps. This has always been an issue for me I have smith, and spy they both do it. Anyone else have this problem? How do I get it to stop? It was not a big deal when I was slower but now that my competition and I are faster its killing me wasting time and energy fighting my gear.

Tighten the strap tighter on the back of your helmet. I have actually cut some foam out around nose area on a pair of mine to relieve pinch point restricting breathing. That pair now allows fine dust in occasionally.

Take your helmet with you when you buy your next pair so you can try them on together before you buy. Big benefit of buying locally instead of online.

My first helmet was a HJC and I always used Scott 80 series goggles with no problems. When I switched to a Shoei helmet I started having the same problem you are. Turns out the Shoei goggle opening is tighter and it would push the goggles down. I started using Scott Voltage X goggles and the problem was solved. I'm sure other brands make low profile goggles, too.

I had the same issue depending on which goggle I used and with which helmet (between a mx helmet and my mtn bike DH helmets using the same set of goggles). Finally found a pair of Dragon goggles that work well with all my helmets.

dragon.jpg

That's what makes me nervous. Both sets I have fit great when I'm standing there, it's not until about a lap in they start having problems.

It sounds like the problem is your helmet, not your goggles. If the helmet is too large it will move around on your head while you're riding and push your goggles down. Give it some thought.

Your helmet is probably pushing them down.

What helmet and what goggles are you using? Some goggles don't fit certain helmets good at all and cause those kinds of issues.

Also... I work out 6 days a week, hard cardio. I find if I wear nose strips they really help. I don't burn out as fast and don't get nearly the amount of arm pump that I used to. I wear the AirSport extreme oxygen strips from Target and they work just as described. I went from feeling like I am about to pass out and gasping for air at the end of a 8 lap moto to barely breathing hard and being ready to go for another few laps. Even on practice days, I can put in about 12 laps before I get gassed where as before I could only ride about 4 at full race pace before I had to back it down so that I wouldn't crash my brains out. You should give them a shot! 

Edited by BDubb106

Your helmet is probably pushing them down.

What helmet and what goggles are you using? Some goggles don't fit certain helmets good at all and cause those kinds of issues.

Also... I work out 6 days a week, hard cardio. I find if I wear nose strips they really help. I don't burn out as fast and don't get nearly the amount of arm pump that I used to. I wear the AirSport extreme oxygen strips from Target and they work just as described. I went from feeling like I am about to pass out and gasping for air at the end of a 8 lap moto to barely breathing hard and being ready to go for another few laps. Even on practice days, I can put in about 12 laps before I get gassed where as before I could only ride about 4 at full race pace before I had to back it down so that I wouldn't crash my brains out. You should give them a shot!

I have the one industries mips helmet in med it is snug. Goggles are Smith and spy. I have been using the breath rite strips, they really help until the Goggles push it off . I tried running the strap super tight and it dug down on the bridge of my nose and rubbed the skin off. I actually did the last 3 laps of my practice moto with the strip floating around my goggles over jumps.

I just ordered some youth goggles I'm willing to try anything at this point.