Sign in to follow this  

oem crank

i need to replace my crank, and by the sounds of it if you don't replace it with a oem one it wont last to long. where is the cheapest place you can get one and do they come assembled. thanks guys

Incorrect. The OEM crank is the best money can buy and would be the longest lasting crank.

Its for a 97. And that's what I'm looking to buy. From what I read the wiseco is a joke and the hotrods crank is hit or miss. I'd like to know its going to last but it looks like it will cost almost twice to replace it with am OEM one but worth the money. $362 is the best I can find for the crank alone.just wanted to find the cheapest place to get a OEM one.

Sorry 97 kx250. I'm sure it could, never really considered it. Any recommended shop and what's the cost. Do you know if a new crank comes ready to install out of the box.

Sorry 97 kx250. I'm sure it could, never really considered it. Any recommended shop and what's the cost. Do you know if a new crank comes ready to install out of the box.

Other then checking run out on the ends,(could have been knocked during shipping) they are ready to go in the cases.

Crankworks

Ken O'Connor racing

Mr. Crankshaft

Cooksey

Eric Gorr

Ron Black

plus other options

Can you post any pictures of your crankshaft?  Is it damaged or just worn bearings??  Read up on connecting rod kits.  Hot Rods has moved rod manufacturing back to the USA recently.

Lots of people like OEM rod, big end bearing, washers, main bearings and seals.

Beyond that, look into Pro X.

Most are leery of non-Japan or non-USA connecting rod kits.

the main bearings are shot and im getting a vibration and this is  2nd time ive split the cases and just want to know its gonna be good for awhile. i was told about ken oconner racing and im leaning twords getting it rebuit. what would you do.

Incorrect. The OEM crank is the best money can buy and would be the longest lasting crank.

My OEM crank lasted about 150 hours. The Hot-Rods crank that's currently in my engine has over 200 hours on it and is still tight.

The OEM lower rod bearing has long been a weak point on the KX250. The Hot-Rods rod has a larger oil slot in it for the bearing to improve lubrication.

Most premature crank failures of replacement cranks are because of installer error.

My OEM crank lasted about 150 hours. The Hot-Rods crank that's currently in my engine has over 200 hours on it and is still tight.

The OEM lower rod bearing has long been a weak point on the KX250. The Hot-Rods rod has a larger oil slot in it for the bearing to improve lubrication.

Most premature crank failures of replacement cranks are because of installer error.

I'm still on the stock crank in my 06 and it's close to 450-500 hours on it. it was still within tolerance the last top end it got.   Guess I've been lucky!

Also I appeared to have read the OP wrong with my first post wth was I thinking. Thought he said not to use OEM.

I'm still on the stock crank in my 06 and it's close to 450-500 hours on it. it was still within tolerance the last top end it got.   Guess I've been lucky!

Also I appeared to have read the OP wrong with my first post wth was I thinking. Thought he said not to use OEM.

I believe the rod/rod bearing was updated with the '05 redesign.

I won't ever buy anything from HotRods . Not because of quality. But because of customer service that refuse to stand behind thier productsñ

A wrong size bearing came in thier bearing kit. Instead of sending me a new one , they offered to sell me the correct bearing saying it wasn't thier fault they were given the wrong info before packaging it . So I could buy it agaalljžnxn

Tell whoever is rebuilding your crank to first confirm the parts are correct