Sign in to follow this  

street legal crf450r NJ

I have a 2013 crf450r that is registered, insured and tagged in NJ (tagged due to a glitch) does anybody know whats invovled to make this bike street legal and an overall price estimate do i have to have mirrors and blinkers ect...? wanted to make it so if i need to ride on the roads for short period of times I will be legal if I get hounded.

Under NJ law, turn signals and mirrors are not required.  To be legal, you simply need a brake and head light.

Need to have DOT tires also

Need to have DOT tires also

True, but don't know too many that actually run them.  I guess you CAN get a ticket if the cop is perceptive and a real jerk.

I have a 2013 crf450r that is registered, insured and tagged in NJ (tagged due to a glitch) does anybody know whats invovled to make this bike street legal and an overall price estimate do i have to have mirrors and blinkers ect...? wanted to make it so if i need to ride on the roads for short period of times I will be legal if I get hounded.

I'd probably take the gearing up to 14-40(or something alot taller than stock) combo to save some rpm's, that is if your looking to do some enduro stuff. I would burn up my gas on my KX450F if went into Wharton with the kaatom boys. Thats why i have a ktm, well that and it's very limited choices for performance Enduro bikes in NJ. But if i could tag my KX i would have just geared it longer to get the job done. Got plenty of power no matter how you gear it.