Sign in to follow this  

'08 vs '14 YZ250?

That may depend '10 was the last year of a us spec model before the euro aka world model , u.s model has no neutral sensor slightly higher compression head slightly diff jetting specs and u.s Model had the shorter silencer.

That may depend '10 was the last year of a us spec model before the euro aka world model , u.s model has no neutral sensor slightly higher compression head slightly diff jetting specs and u.s Model had the shorter silencer.

ok. Whats a neutral sensor? Suspension the same? First ive heard of US - Euro spec models. Not a yamy guy though...yet

Nothing, from 06 up they are virtually the same. The neutral switch was introduced for FIM rules which retards the ignition and makes the bike slightly quieter. It pretty much does nothing....Suspension, frame, plastics, engine, etc etc are all the same....

Nothing, from 06 up they are virtually the same. The neutral switch was introduced for FIM rules which retards the ignition and makes the bike slightly quieter. It pretty much does nothing....Suspension, frame, plastics, engine, etc etc are all the same....

thanks. Im thinkin of swaping my recently purchased 300xcw for a very tidy '08 yz250 and cash.

thanks. Im thinkin of swaping my recently purchased 300xcw for a very tidy '08 yz250 and cash.

How much cash? You can buy a brand new 2013 YZ 250 for $6500 otd in Calgary....

How much cash? You can buy a brand new 2013 YZ 250 for $6500 otd in Calgary....

thats really cheap.

Whats a nice '08 worth?

I just sold a mint 07 for $2500. Around here you can pick up 08's for $3000 or less pretty easily.

Bow Cycle North in Calgary was 6500 a while ago for a 13 out the door.

I instead went with an 11 with 10 hours , piped, head and squish done, rad valve, and a few extra titanium shock springs, extra fork sprigs, and a few other goodies.

Besides that there really isn't much of a difference. 2011 was changed to the global spec. Mxa has a wrote up on it I believe.

• Like 1

Leftover 13 here for $6500...very tempting for me right now. Don't wanna lose the $1500 I just spent on my suspension though.

Leftover 13 here for $6500...very tempting for me right now. Don't wanna lose the $1500 I just spent on my suspension though.

wow! $6500. What a killer deal on a great do it all bike. A new KTM300 is $11200 otd in BC. Could buy the YZ and trick it out for way less.

Who has these bikes?

wow! $6500. What a killer deal on a great do it all bike. A new KTM300 is $11200 otd in BC. Could buy the YZ and trick it out for way less.

Who has these bikes?

Yamaha dealer.

• Like 1

Who has these bikes?

Yes, I bought a YZ and put a boat load into it. Still cheaper then a new KTM...

• Like 1