Sign in to follow this  

Fluid maintenance

Haven't rode in 8 years. Jus bought 09 450 zook. Anxious to get out and ride but want to go through all the fluids but have no manual. Any ideas?

Buy a manual!  Changing the oil for the first time will be confusing if you go all the way and clean the screens too ~ and for the first time you should. 

Assuming that the PO didn't just have it done, have the suspension serviced and if your not sure how to do that ~ pay someone, normally I just pay to have the shock and fork oil changed.  While that's being done lube the suspension, and do you know if the ECU was re-flashed?  I seem to think that the '08 and '09 fuel map was very rich, it was on my '08 z450.

I am buying a manual. Was jus wanting to ride before it took a couple weeks to come in. I'm new to zook, never owned one, guess ill have to wait. My First FI bike, is there a easier way to drain the gas without taking tank off? Surely something comes loose to drain jus never fooled with all this EFI.

There is only 5 bolts holding the tank on. The 4 shroud bolts and the one bolt by the steering head. Or you could just syphon the fuel out. Will only take about 10 mins either way.