Chromoly tube swingarm 04-07 cr125

I am thinking about making a swingarm for my cr 125. It will be made out of 4130 circular chromoly tubing and done under the supervision of Jake Balsiger of Six 5 Designs. I would like to make this swingarm for the cool factor and hopefully to raise the rear wheel farther into the fender to prevent some of the head shake I get.

I wanted to know what you guys think of the idea and if I will be able to market the idea if it works the way I hope it will. It would probably cost $700-$1000 if it was put into production.

If you think there may be any problems or you would like to comment feel free. Also weight wise compared to stock? Thanks, Ben

Yeah, I am hoping but I'm not expecting. This is something I am going to build to get experience in some custom fabrication and I'm building the jig anyways. I want something that is going to standout and get people asking questions and just wondered if I did hit the nail on the head if it would be worth making more. I know that seems like a high price to pay but I really wouldn't be making to much money on it. Thanks for the input though. Anyone else?

I have a very hard time seeing anyone paying anything to replace a part that works great with something that may not work so well and will put one's life at risk if it breaks. In addition you're targeting your product to a model that has been out of production for 7 years.

I'd say spend a little more time at product research before spending your time and money on this.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Ya I wouldn't spend the time to design something for a bike that old.Like everyone is saying no one would spend that for a swingman when they could spend it on suspension and thats gonna make a bigger difference than a swingarm.Theres too many things you can do to eliminate headshake other than a swingarm swap lol

Edited by minimadness047