Sign in to follow this  

2000 xr200 vs 2000 yz426f

Both are about the same price. I have a wr250f that I have fallen I love with but I need a buddy bike? Which one would be better? This is a bike for friends so looking for nothing that will require a ton of maintenance. So what are your thoughts for that purpose? Both seem to be very well maintained. I'm in the fence and need some help.

You already know the answer.

Never buy a bigger bike for the buddy bike.

Unless you are going to use it more than them.

Yeah I would have to probably have to ride the 426 and let the friends ride my wr and that my dilemma

That's a smart answer but not at all helpful. My father In law would like to ride with me also.

I think you put noobies on a 426f, you're asking to take someone to the hospital. Lil panic action is all it takes to go for a wild ride, lol

Edited by J_YZ2fittyF
  • Like 1

Yeah I would have to probably have to ride the 426 and let the friends ride my wr and that my dilemma

The 426 would hurt the inexperienced.

• Like 1

Haha a little panic action. My wife did that the other day on her crf 150r almost ended ugly but she pulled it together

A $1200 XR200 is going to be in a lot better shape than a $1200 wr426...

The only problem I see with the XR is it is the 93+ edition.  In '93 the lowered the suspension on the XR200R and kind of neutered it.  With older, longer travel, forks and rear shock, the 200 is a great machine.  Otherwise, meh.  (PS.  I have a 93 XR200R that I did the suspension mods to, and it's now an extremely fun, easy to ride, capable machine).

Haha well guys thanks for the info. I just want something my buddy's and family can hop on and I'm not always having to check valves and stuff. I do want them to be able to have fun and be able to go through what I can go through though. The 426 looks bad ass but I think the xr is the better option for these circumstances. I don't want to be constantly worried about the bike while they are kinda abusing it. You know newbies, always messing stuff up. My sister was trying to ride my wife's 150r and she was cruising around pinned in second gear. I told her to get the valves shimmed was only like 200 buck. Haha she said she wouldn't ride anymore.

Well I think the 426 would be abusing them, not vise versa, haha... I would bet many of them would get on it, crack the gas too hard one time, get puckered up...and be afraid of it. Just not designed for new riders, lol. Not saying all your friends are because I dont know, but it has that vibe to me. Could also find a 125 if all else failed, pretty easy to maintain (and cheap) and safe for many riders.

Edited by J_YZ2fittyF