Sign in to follow this  

fcr mx 39mm advice

hey guys new to this forum and I just brought myself a 2008 Suzuki drz400sm and im looking at different things to do to it

my bikes already got a dual Yoshi rs4 3x3 mod and K&N air filter but hasent been jetted yet

if I buy the fcr do I need to jet that aswell when I install it

also I have a dynojet stage 1 and 2 jet kit can I use that with the fcr or do I have to get the james dean kit like the one here on thumper talk

any advice would be really appreciated

cheers

No need for a jet kit with the FCR, it is a waste of money. Just use Keihin jets and needles.

I believe the TT store FCR39-MX kit is set up for 3x3 mod, stock bore, open pipe, and below 3,000ft from the get go. If you differ from that, a jetting change may be necessary.

Nathwrx , if you buy the FCR/MX from the TT store it will come pretty well setup for your bike , out of the box , there is no need to buy a kit for it . You might have to adjust the AP squirt , but if you are lucky like me . it will be spot on . The dynojet kit you have will probably be for the mikuni that is on the bike now , if I was you I would do the stage 2 kit now before you ride the bike too much . Have a look at "DRZ400 3x3 mod" on youtube , it will show you how to do the rejet  . But if you plan getting and fitting the FCR very soon , then you could hold off and resell the kit unused , but dont go around riding at full throttle ! Any other questions you have just ask on here and you should be able to get the help you need , greg

Lets see some pics of your bike,  i love the dual yosh set up. 

FCR...  GOOD! 

Yes, good point ron........"If there are no pics , it didn't happen"...... :smirk:

• Like 2

ill take some pics tonight when I get home from work....

Craigo 485sm will I need to be making fuel adjustments often??? 

ill take some pics tonight when I get home from work....

Craigo 485sm will I need to be making fuel adjustments often??? 

Not that often, I adjust mine for seasonal temp changes, you may also need to tweak it a little for extreme altitude change

Edited by Craigo 485sm

hey guys sorry for the late reply but here are some pics loll

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

I`m confused now . I bought mine in may 2009 believing it was a 2008 model . Surely you have a 2009 nathwrx , greg

2012-12-15-1031_zpsb9d13cfa.jpg

if you get the tt kit DONT take out the pilot air jet. ive got rs4 pipes as well and it wouldnt run right.

right now ive got a 40 polit jet and 100 air jet in and my jettings getting real close, i bought some bigger pilot air jets im going to try a 102 and 105 in there and it should be perfect

on my registration papers it says mine is a 2008 maybe the guy made a mistake

ryansgotacbr what carb are you running???

on my registration papers it says mine is a 2008 maybe the guy made a mistake

ryansgotacbr what carb are you running???

Fcr, lately people have had the same problems I've had with that carb. Crazy backfire, hanging inconsistent idle. I tried a next higher up pilot jet (48 ) and it was stupid rich. I put the 100 pilot air back in with a 40 pilot and it's very close to being perfect. Just a tad rich so I'm going to try the next pilot air jet (102) Edited by ryansgotacbr

ryansgotacbr whats your altitude there???

Sea level. I live in Connecticut so Temps and humidity are on both ends of the extreme every other day lol... but those changes were in 70 degree weather low humidity

ryansgotacbr i live in Melbourne Australia and your altitude and temps sound exactly like mine

when do u think ull be putting in the pilot air (102)

ryansgotacbr i live in Melbourne Australia and your altitude and temps sound exactly like mine

when do u think ull be putting in the pilot air (102)

Tomorrow most likely, I also have a 105 just in case. Really though it's already a lot better, she idles real nice it's just a tad hard to start warm and I get a small bog off idle. I'll post up with my results for sure. How do you tag me in your posts btw?