Sign in to follow this  

Differences between plastics in model years?

Anyone know the differences between the 2003 KTM 200 plastics years, opposed to the 98-01 years? Would a graphics kit work on the 03 that work with the 01s? They look very very similar. Just wondering if anyone had any info on it, thanks.

I'm pretty sure 98-03 had the same plastics. They changed in 04 for sure to the one piece rear fender, but I'm 95% sure there was no change between 98 and 03

98- 03 some parts are same, radiator shrouds are different every few years.

Check part numbers for the tank. That will tell you for sure if you can change & run different shape shrouds.

If they all run same tank it shouldn't matter.

98- 01 same, 02 diff, 03-07 diff, 08-10 diff. That's what I'm seeing on fuel tanks.

So no 03 plastics aren't the same as 98-01.

Maybe if you changed everything, seat, tank and all. But that's $$$'s.

A lot of graphics are available, just not on web. Have to call.

Edited by ridngslikecrack

Dude, be careful! Many changes throughout the KTM models really between '01 through to '07. Just often depending on engine size, and it seems many other variables. How do I know? I run Moto-StyleMX.com, we work very closely with these KTM models and know what a nightmare they can be. If you want confirmation, see our website, drop us some images of your ride, I'll steer you in the right direction.

• Like 1

98- 01 same, 02 diff, 03-07 diff, 08-10 diff. That's what I'm seeing on fuel tanks.

So no 03 plastics aren't the same as 98-01.

Maybe if you changed everything, seat, tank and all. But that's $$$'s.

A lot of graphics are available, just not on web. Have to call.

I saw those years differed, but I wasn't sure how. If It looks like the same plastics on the radiator then it probably is right? They didn't add an inch or whatever to the same shroud did they? And who do you call? They have graphics that arent online?

I'm pretty sure 98-03 had the same plastics. They changed in 04 for sure to the one piece rear fender, but I'm 95% sure there was no change between 98 and 03

Thanks for the info!

Dude, be careful! Many changes throughout the KTM models really between '01 through to '07. Just often depending on engine size, and it seems many other variables. How do I know? I run Moto-StyleMX.com, we work very closely with these KTM models and know what a nightmare they can be. If you want confirmation, see our website, drop us some images of your ride, I'll steer you in the right direction.

Alright, I'll check you guys out, If I run into any issues I'll tell you. Thanks!

There was no option to attach an image in your contact us section so I sent you an email.

Hi KTMin, cool mate, if you see the section 'contact us', there's the email address, too easy.  Trust me with the plastics, having certain shrouds, don't mean the rest of the bike is the same as others with those shrouds... it's nuts, BUT, Husky is 100 times worse. This is why not too many graphics companies really bother with these bikes. Populer, for sure, but just too many problems and most riders don't understand or just don't want to believe.