Sign in to follow this  

exc 200 plastics questions

hi everybody i have an exc 200 2001 model the one with the 3 piece plastics tail

and i was wondering if the plastics from a newer model that is one piece tail will fit without any crazy modifications

anyone have tried this ?

Yes people have done it and the years just after were an easier fit than anything like 06 or newer I think. But here's the deal honestly, what's the point? Even if you update it to look like generation after it will still look old and nothing like a new bike. In my opinion you're way better off getting a brand new full set of plastic from RMATV for $99, that gives you an orange new front fender, front number plate, two radiator shrouds, and a black rear fender, side number plates, couple that with some clean looking graphics and you've got a great looking bike. I just did this to my 01 200 exc a while back and I get a lot of compliments on mine. 

i have it a few months now the bike is strong and the engine is running fine but the plastics are in bad shape from the previews owner so i was planing to change the all but i realy like the rear fender on the newer models that is one piece and i was wondering if i could fit it 

so no point i just like it better :p

i have it a few months now the bike is strong and the engine is running fine but the plastics are in bad shape from the previews owner so i was planing to change the all but i realy like the rear fender on the newer models that is one piece and i was wondering if i could fit it

so no point i just like it better :p

it's cool if that's what you want to do. IMO it will look a bit cobbled together and some of them I've seen done end up with weird gaps in places. Good luck

do you have any photos ? 

and some of them I've seen done end up with weird gaps in places.