Sign in to follow this  

Big tree.

Well a decent size tree fell across my trail the other day and i usually pick my bike up over and continue my day but what are some tips of getting over it? Once i loft my front tire up and over it what do i do?

You don't loft your tire "up and over it".  You tap your front tire on the top 1/3 of the log and then go over.  The sequence is... preload your front end, blip the throttle to loft your front end, tap the top 1/3 of the log with your front tire, then blip the throttle again to go over the log.  Correct approach speed is important too.  The larger the log the slower you have to go.

• Like 3

Gawd! I crashed so many times at log crossings. In the SE US there's usually roots everywhere too, so have to hope you get enough traction to loft the front. And at the races there's usually a crowd watching you crash at the tough spots.

I saw a great technique, on YTube I think, where you get next to the tree, parallel to it, put a foot on it, lift the front over and roll the throttle on to get the rear over. Looks great, but haven't tried yet.

enjoy

I saw this video earlier and we have to learn how to slow down to go fast. I just started riding but I would like to get to the level where I can clear obstacles like trees and big rocks with out fighting the machine.