Sign in to follow this  

dr350 electrics issue ? (starting)

dr350 with offroad harness, tm33, jetted and runs -great-. the only issue with the carb is the squirter tube gasket is failing, and needs replacing. 

electically, i'm not certain of where the failure point is for these bikes, so i'm asking here. 

bike starts first kick cold/hot/warm/whatever, if i don't flood it. (doh!)

i got splashed a little yesterday

http://vimeo.com/95698090

and then had 20 minutes of hell trying to kick it to life again. this lead me to believe there is still a poor connection somewhere in the electrics. i've cleaned and applied dielectric grease to all the connections recently, which helped starting reliability immensely. 

do any of you have an idea where i should start looking for a failure point in the electrics ? 

plug wire ? coil ground ? ecu  ? 

throw it out there and i'll give it a look. 

thanks ! 

If you had an electrical problem it wouldn't only occur when trying to start the bike. You would also have problems with it randomly dying. I'm thinking you have a carb issue.

XSrcing, on 19 May 2014 - 1:19 PM, said:

If you had an electrical problem it wouldn't only occur when trying to start the bike. You would also have problems with it randomly dying. I'm thinking you have a carb issue.

I don't believe so. It ran great yesterday, two days ago it started first kick every time. I've just reinstalled the carb after checking it out, it is exactly as it was two days ago with clean jets.

Any common things to check electrically?

I have spark, fuel, and compression. The bike sits exactly add it did two days ago but will not run.

Hate to say it, but

I'm giving up on it.

Woohoo, bad pumper carb seals ingested trail trash, causing flooding.

All is well now. Throttle is suicide. :-)

Throttle is addictive, not suicide ... Wow big typo