Sign in to follow this  

Is YamahaEnduro.Com down forever?

Was checking this site several weeks ago as they have some very specific info on those models then the site just went AWOL.

Can't even ping it?  Just unable to find server message.

Looking for some specific info on DT360A

http://yamahaenduro.com/

That site is so unreliable.  Good info stashed away there, but no one can get to it (not much even comes up in google searching which tells me they disable google bots from crawling the site probably) unless your a registered user and that is like getting strip searched just to join.  I can log in right now, but in 10 minutes who knows.  I think they do some sort of IP blocking unless you somehow get to be a "trusted" member, I don't know.  For a good long time I could not even connect to the site from any other IP address than the one I registered with, even then it was hit or miss.

Hmmm, I cannot get to it from several different browsers and two different computers at my home.  It is as if they have blocked my ISP's connection from this IP.  I have cleared cookies and cache to no avail. 

Rats I will have to approach it from another angle.  I really need to get some link etc from that site.

TIm T.

Turn your modem off overnight, you should get a new IP address in the morning. Dummies block IPs that belong to an ISP, they either block out a whole region, or an innocent bystander, as the guy who they blocked already knows the trick. Could also be a routing problem. Instead of ping, try traceroute (tracert in windows command prompt).

Traceroute shows it gets to the Bell South Router in GA, but stops there, never gets a response from their server in FL:

YAMAHAENDURO.COM - Geo Information IP Address 65.12.196.88 Host yamahaenduro.com Location us.gif US, United States City Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312 Organization BellSouth.net ISP BellSouth.net AS Number AS6389 BellSouth.net Inc. Latitude 26°08'52" North Longitude 80°17'54" West Distance 9086.11 km (5645.85 miles)

Like I said, it is almost like they don't want new members or participation.  Lately it has been better for me, but I still have problems connecting or logging in sometimes.  And I don't get why guests can view the forums, lots of good info on vintage yamaha's locked away.

About a year or more ago, they said they suffered from some hacking.  So, after that it was totally hit and miss.  Like someone said, they blocked certain domains (?) and if you were an innocent bystander, tough luck.  I was even going to try CALLING them a couple years ago to figure out why I couldn't register but got nowhere.

Edit: I just connected, used my same old name and password and it worked fine.  Apparently, I'm not one of those innocent bystanders...

Edited by motoxvet

Working fine for me. Had some troubles in the past but I take it up with the boss there and he takes care of it. Do as chayzed pilot said. He and I are donating members there. U will not find a better site for vintage yamaha knowledge and info anywhere on this planet! If u get on join up and donate a litle. The help u will get from Those guys Will b worth 10 x what u donate.!

• Like 1

Working fine for me. Had some troubles in the past but I take it up with the boss there and he takes care of it. Do as chayzed pilot said. He and I are donating members there. U will not find a better site for vintage yamaha knowledge and info anywhere on this planet! If u get on join up and donate a litle. The help u will get from Those guys Will b worth 10 x what u donate.!

I had trouble finding a way to communicate with the boss because I wasn't registered.  I couldn't.  But after that hurdle, I agree it's a great place for Yamaha enduro info.  Those guys - the regulars - are REALLY into the bikes.

• Like 1

Here is a new site from some of the guys on yamahaenduro. They built a new site. It has been a little bit sporadic as they are upgrading it. It's been online for about 2-3 months.

http://www.yamaha-enduros.com/

Thanks!  When I get time, I'll register.  Hopefully, it will be more reliable that the other one.

Thanks!  When I get time, I'll register.  Hopefully, it will be more reliable that the other one.

What I have done on the other site is that I never ever log off. I have only been locked out once and that was because I changed modems.

Here is a new site from some of the guys on yamahaenduro. They built a new site. It has been a little bit sporadic as they are upgrading it. It's been online for about 2-3 months.

http://www.yamaha-enduros.com/

404 error if you try to register.

The links you posted work.  I just can't get to the registration page to create an account.