Sign in to follow this  

Clarke 3.9G tank

I'm looking at swapping the stock metal tank for the larger Clarke. Does anyone know if they come with the gaskets for installing the petcock or do you need to buy them separately? I've never installed a tank before and was trying to find a install vid but can't seem to locate one. If anyone knows of one, please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Mine came with a new gasket but the old original one was in great shape and to be honest I can’t remember which I chose to use.

The tank is very easy to install, if you can R&R the fuel tank then you are set. The petcock is two simple screws. You will probably need to clean out and enlarge the slot for the petcock and this is covered in the Clarke instructions.

I had issues getting the mounting locations to line up. I was replacing one Clarke tank with another identical model to change the tank color. The older blue tank fit perfectly and the new black tank did not fit well at all. I eventually got it to work by installing everything loose at first and forcing it to fit. I got kind of bent about this at first but then I accepted it since it did install well enough and I did prefer the style and size of the Clarke tank.

Just order a raptor or WRF petcock. Then tank swaps are a 5 minute deal

• Like 1

I'm looking at swapping the stock metal tank for the larger Clarke. Does anyone know if they come with the gaskets for installing the petcock or do you need to buy them separately? I've never installed a tank before and was trying to find a install vid but can't seem to locate one. If anyone knows of one, please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Yes it comes with a gasket, & yes you should get a manual petcock.  :ride:

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I chose the Clarke because I know it works well with my Unabiker rad guards. I think the IMS may work also but I haven't seen confirmation.

Does that petcock have to be turned to the off position whenever the bike will be off for awhile? I know it's good practice to do in general it but I'm prone to forgetting stuff like that until I get used to it. I know for some petcocks, it's compulsory or you very likely will end up with fuel in places it shouldn't be.

Thanks guys. I chose the Clarke because I know it works well with my Unabiker rad guards. I think the IMS may work also but I haven't seen confirmation.

Does that petcock have to be turned to the off position whenever the bike will be off for awhile? I know it's good practice to do in general it but I'm prone to forgetting stuff like that until I get used to it. I know for some petcocks, it's compulsory or you very likely will end up with fuel in places it shouldn't be.

Yes , turn it off when not riding.  Just don't forget to turn it on when you start it.....common sense I know, but it happens.

A few years ago I bought Fluidine Radiators (larger than stock) and my Clarke 3.9 wouldn't fit anymore.  So I went on the IMS web-site and noticed Fluidine Radiators on there also.  I talked to an employee and he assured me that a IMS 4 gal. would fit with the Fluidine Radiators.  And sure enough it fits, so there's a little confirmation.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by billdirt1
  • Like 1