Sign in to follow this  

Lowering Link Questions

I put a 1" Devol Lowering Link on my bike(13 450r) this weekend and I am wondering If I need to make any other suspension changes?  Air PSI in the Forks?  I have heard about adjusting the forks also?  Any advice?  I am about 5'6"- 160 lbs.  Thanks

You will need to loosen your triple clamps and slide your forks up to balance your bike. Since you have lowered the rear of the bike 1'' it has increased the rake on the front end therefor putting more weight on the rear of the bike and un-weighting the front which will make your bike more hesitant to directional change. Start by lowering your forks 5-10mm (I would do 10mm). Then try it out and if the front end is knifing try sliding them back down to where it feels more comfortable in the corners.

A little tip to help would be use a tie down attached to the axle and run to the handlebars and snugged on each side to keep the forks from sliding completely out of the clamps as a precaution and also to assist in sliding the forks up. Good luck.

You will need to loosen your triple clamps and slide your forks up to balance your bike. Since you have lowered the rear of the bike 1'' it has increased the rake on the front end therefor putting more weight on the rear of the bike and un-weighting the front which will make your bike more hesitant to directional change. Start by lowering your forks 5-10mm (I would do 10mm). Then try it out and if the front end is knifing try sliding them back down to where it feels more comfortable in the corners.

A little tip to help would be use a tie down attached to the axle and run to the handlebars and snugged on each side to keep the forks from sliding completely out of the clamps as a precaution and also to assist in sliding the forks up. Good luck.

Ok, I will try the 10mm and see how it feels.  The bike is pretty much just ridden on single track if that changes anything.