Sign in to follow this  

Watch out from this online vendor !

Hi everyone ! I recently had a very bad shopping experience with ktm-parts.com and I think it's important for you to know.

I purchased a few items from them for my te250 2014. When I made the order it showed like they have everything in stock except one item. I placed a $260 order of various items and expected them shortly. It's been 10 days and nothing was sent yet !!!!

I called last week and inquired about the status of my order and the customer rep told me that they are waiting for a few more items- but he promised me that he will send what they have in stock right away. It was annoying that no one emailed me that they were missing items but ok, I really wanted to ride that weekend. Nothing was sent last week. So I called today and again they are still waiting for items and nothing was sent. I asked them to cancel the order because it's already been 10 days and nothing was sent and honestly is have no confidence in them that they will send it today.

The customer service rep refused to cancel my order although nothing was shipped yet !!! So now I cannot purchase the items somewhere else and I'm not gonna get anything from ktmparts anytime soon.

Please be aware of them ! If you are press for time on parts or accessories you are taking a gamble with Ktmparts.

• Like 1

I had a very similar experience with this company. I ordered a part that there site listed as in stock . My card was charged and I received va email stating that the part was back ordered 8 weeks .I immediately emailed and requested to cancel the order and refund the money.this was within 15 minutes of placing order. Long story short I got the runaround and had to dispute the charges with my credit card company to get refunded

This is an email they send me today

Gill,

Greetings. I apologize for any inconvenience. As I said in my last email that emails were backed up and to please call with any urgent needs. I can cancel that order but there is a 20% restocking fee. Alternatively I can send everything today. This is in line with the policies agreed to at checkout. Thank you for your understanding. Let me know which option you'd prefer.

Sincerely,

Michael

Customer Service Manager

And this is what I sent back:

Don't send me anything and I am not willing to pay 20% restocking fee for your company's mistakes. I have an email showing that the only item on back order is the air filter cover. Nobody notified me about other items that are on back order. When I finally called last week I was promised that everything except 3 items will be shipped last week. Nothing did shipped. I am sorry Michael but I have no confidence in your company and I am extremely disappointed.

Michael I know you don't have everything in stock because TODAY one of your reps told me that you are still waiting for 3 more items. Please don't make promises you cannot keep and give me my money back.

• Like 4

I have dealt with ktm-parts.com (appalachian offroad motorcycles) for years as my local dealer , i have bought a few bikes from them also. The one thing i have noticed for the past year or so, in their parts dept they have some a few braindead dumbasses working there . Its bad when you have to point out the item you need on the shelf , or even worse when the big smartass bald guy argues my 450sxf did NOT come factory equipped with 110/100-19 rear tire ! lol. The guy who is in sales and shop is a real good guy. But their parts dept is getting worse. There has been a few times ive called ahead for availability only to get there and them not be able to locate said item . It is very obvious their parts dept is disorganized and that in conjunction that parts staff makes for an unpleasant customer experience. To me its sad that they are turning customers against them in this fashion. They have put forth alot of support for their riders and local race series' . This kind of business practices can drive a company out of business,,,

I've never had a problem through Rocky Mountain or motosport. That's who I stick with. I've used Dennis Kirk before on a few hard to find items. And I've used bike bandit on one thing. There slow on shipping.

• Like 6

This is an email they send me today

Gill,

Greetings. I apologize for any inconvenience. As I said in my last email that emails were backed up and to please call with any urgent needs. I can cancel that order but there is a 20% restocking fee. Alternatively I can send everything today. This is in line with the policies agreed to at checkout. Thank you for your understanding. Let me know which option you'd prefer.

Sincerely,

Michael

Customer Service Manager

And this is what I sent back:

Don't send me anything and I am not willing to pay 20% restocking fee for your company's mistakes. I have an email showing that the only item on back order is the air filter cover. Nobody notified me about other items that are on back order. When I finally called last week I was promised that everything except 3 items will be shipped last week. Nothing did shipped. I am sorry Michael but I have no confidence in your company and I am extremely disappointed.

Michael I know you don't have everything in stock because TODAY one of your reps told me that you are still waiting for 3 more items. Please don't make promises you cannot keep and give me my money back.

How is there a "re-stocking" fee when they don't even have the parts in stock??  And 20% re-stocking fee?  Eff this company, let's spread the word and hopefully people will stop shopping from them.  I hope they come to this site and see it here too, what a sleazy company.

Edited by Honda_Power

This kind of business practices can drive a company out of business,,,

not can...WILL

online reputation is significantly more important than it used to be...

How is there a "re-stocking" fee when they don't even have the parts in stock??  And 20% re-stocking fee?  Eff this company, let's spread the word and hopefully people will stop shopping from them.  I hope they come to this site and see it here too, what a sleazy company.

Plus in order for them to charge you a "re-stocking" fee..... don't you have to actually recieve the part from them first, and send it back if you don't want it?

What a freakin' joke this company is.

• Like 1

In my case I needed a particular carbon fiber heat shield that they had listed in stock and no one else had it but the manufacturer and thay had a 2 week lead time. I order amost everything else from rmatv

In my case I needed a particular carbon fiber heat shield that they had listed in stock and no one else had it but the manufacturer and thay had a 2 week lead time. I order amost everything else from rmatv

I dont use carbon fiber pipe guards, but i know a few guys who ordered them from the manufacturer and it took 2-3 weeks to get.

I love rmatv since they opened their kentucky location. 2 days flat . Motosport gets most of my business though. Especially tires.

• Like 1

KTM-Parts.com has screwed up 2 of my 3 orders with them.  Since they are a local series sponsor I gave them a second shot after the first mishap... mistake on my part.  The parts department is completely incompetent and my experience with the Sales department was not much better.  On the 2 orders I placed I had to call or email multiple times to get items to ship.  The first time they lost a "back ordered" clutch cover I needed ASAP.  I called multiple times and was told I would be called back, never happened. After a couple weeks of this it finally shipped.  The second time I waited almost 2 full months for all my parts I was told would ship on 3 different occasions, credit card company wasn't much help.

Since Rocky Mountain now stocks OEM KTM parts I have no reason to bother with any of these online KTM dealers.

Gill_kx250f I advise you cancel the order asap and avoid the hassle of this company, they haven't changed.  They will tell you multiple times they will ship that day and if you call they will tell you they will call back, both will be pure lies.

I like how Rocky Mountain has the rewards points. I got a recluse clutch a couple of years ago for 200 with my points. Then last year got mylers oversize radiators and hoses for free

• Like 2

When they moved to their new location is when they started going downhill. They got those new stooges who work the parts counter when they moved to their sleek , modern,solar powered shop,lol. I dont know if they hired retard family members or what , but they wouldnt even make fast food workers. The last item i bought was a skidplate. They looked upstairs, in the back,even in the shop, lol. The salesman went back and got it for me within a minute. Idiots. They are on the same path as that one online retailer ktmhutt.com or whatever it was.

Like i said, i appreciate what mike and his company has done for local series and racers, but he needs to take a hard look at what is going on and make some big changes. Im an orange supremanacist , but i have no dealer allegiances.

• Like 3

I wish the TT store would sell Artrax tires :)

I thought i was one of the only people on here that likes arttrax tires !
  • Like 1

I thought i was one of the only people on here that likes arttrax tires !

I love them.  I have way too many bikes, girlfriend's bikes, etc.  I've bought prolly 10 sets. Those are quality tires and nobody can convince me otherwise.

I made one of the SE3 front tires last all year on a dual sport that saw lots of pavement. Sold me.

I love them. I have way too many bikes, girlfriend's bikes, etc. I've bought prolly 10 sets. Those are quality tires and nobody can convince me otherwise.

I made one of the SE3 front tires last all year on a dual sport that saw lots of pavement. Sold me.

I ride,,,alot. I ride steep ,rocky terrain. Its hell on tires. It was almost at the point where tires were my biggest expense. i bought a artrax sg4 for the front of my 450sxf and an artrax sx-1 120/90-19 for the rear and am highly impressed ! Same tread pattern as pirelli mxms. Better tread life , straight line traction is great. Lateral stability is not as great , but acceptable . Ill race on pirelli, but ill play ride on artrax. 2 tires for less than the of one??? Im a believer .