DR-Z400 P3 Composites Bi-Weave Color Carbon Fiber Skid Plates

A while back, I approached Scott @ P3 Composites, asking him if they'd be interested in building some of their cool, bi-color weave carbon fiber skid plates for the DR-Z. They expressed interest and through this forum, they were able to line-up a DR-Z to build a mold from.

The mold will be finished this week and P3 is expecting to begin shipping DR-Z plates as soon as next week! Naturally, we've picked the item up for sale, adding it to our DR-Z400 specialty store.

If you'd like to learn more about this product:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/P3-Composites-Bi-Color-Weave-Carbon-Fiber-Skid-Plate-DR-Z400-308070-308070-p2006835395.html

Note: the pic below is NOT the actual plate. As soon as we have pics, we'll update our store. However, it does show off the bi-color carbon fiber nicely. ?

Colors include: black, blue, white, silver, green, orange, yellow and red.

What do you guys think?????

3458643.PNG

• Like 2

Nice move!

Three questions:

1. How much wll it cost?

2. How much weight will it save compared to an aluminium bash plate?

3. Black means all black?

Pricing = see link.

Weight = won't know until later this week/early next. The mold is being completed. Should be lighter than the typical aluminum.

Black = carbon fiber black. All the plates have CF black in them, but the colored plates are "woven" with the color, so blue is really black/blue. If you checkout the link, other colors are shown.

What color???? :goofy:

Oh, I'm boring lol, I just went with the black. My bike's changing to all white and I was tempted to do that white CF plate, but I didn't know how it would look so I just went with black. I'm excited though - went and weighed that aluminum plate we have and it's not as light as I remember. ? I'm super eager to see how the CF does against it in the weight category. ?

Oh, I'm boring lol, I just went with the black. My bike's changing to all white and I was tempted to do that white CF plate, but I didn't know how it would look so I just went with black. I'm excited though - went and weighed that aluminum plate we have and it's not as light as I remember. ? I'm super eager to see how the CF does against it in the weight category. ?

20140122_162000_zps0fe11726.jpg

A white one

Edited by Bryan Bosch
  • Like 1

Wow looks just like mine but shinier. The blue looks excellent they fish scale nicely in the sunlight.

I'm assuming it is the same Kevlar carbon weave I use. The blue, is black with a hint of blue in the shade then in direct sun or closer it takes on more blue or you see the weave. In direct sun from a few feet it "ripples"

Edited by Plane Dr

Nope its not Kevlar /carbon. We tried that but it got too dark when we put resin or epoxy to it. This is different stuff and very expensive. But waiting on some other stuff to Get finalized so we can do our pipe guards and heat shields in it.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/P3-Composites-Bi-Color-Weave-Carbon-Fiber-Skid-Plate-DR-Z400-p2006835395.html