Sign in to follow this  

Which model year Honda should I buy?

I am currently trying to sell my 2008 crf250r.

I want to buy either a 2012 or 2013 crf250r. I heard the 12 is the best fuel injected honda has made so far. But I found a good deal for a 13 that has only been ridden a few times. Should I try to find a 12 or just go with the 13?

I have just heard and read reviews that the 13 and 14 have less power from the motor compared to the 12 and the suspension is stiffer or worse.

I kinda planned on getting my suspension done but it's also so expensive to do that.

And I don't really like motor work cause then you have to rebuild and replace parts more often. Just a hassle to me

All the shootout and reviews I've looked up online from like dirtrider, motorcycle USA and racer x have said the 13 has less power in some places like mid or high range or something.

What suspension do you recommend going with? That is good quality and good price

..........-

Edited by Eddie8v
  • Like 1

Okay thank you for the info. I will most likely be buying the 13 that I found a deal for once I sell my current bike.

You'll never know the difference of a hp in one little spot in the rpm range, trust me. And you don't need low-end on a 250-4, IMO. Mid-to-top is where it's at. I think the newer bikes have more low-end, but really it's not enough of a difference to base a buying decision on.

Try the suspension stock before you have it worked on. With the correct springs they are very good.

^ this

Nah, please buy a 2009 or earlier bike with a carburetor, it's the best bike they make!

Edited by Eddie8v