Sign in to follow this  

250XCFW fork NOT plush

Hi,

I just bought a 08 250XCFW with very low hours on it. Love the bike, how it turns but is very very rough over small woops roots etc. I'm quite over weight for the springs, . My thoughts are I'm blowing  though the plush valving into the the stiffer valving. If I had stiffer springs it would be using the flush part of he valving. Sound righ or am I way off?

P.S.I have already resprung the rear

you are correct and that is the way to heaven on a KTM, front and especially the rear springs have to be right for your weight. How much do you weigh?

you are correct and that is the way to heaven on a KTM, front and especially the rear springs have to be right for your weight. How much do you weigh?

Lots. 240lbs in street clothes

I would think that with the added weight of ride gear you are going to need .50 springs or there abouts. I weigh 215 plus gear and use .44, or on my heavier 525 I use .46.

I would think that with the added weight of ride gear you are going to need .50 springs or there abouts. I weigh 215 plus gear and use .44, or on my heavier 525 I use .46.

Thanks Mike. Are WP springs IDed somehow? Are haven't taken these forks apart yet.