Sign in to follow this  

2003 KTM 45exc carb adjustment screw

Hello ,

I have been inspecting the carb and removed the adjsutment screw inside the carb bowl. What is the correct psotion for it to be in on a stock carb ( factory setting ) #32 on image

thanksScreen shot 2014-05-19 at 10.00.28 AM.png

Edited by sikamore

every bike is different, start at 1 1/2 then after warming it up adjust for best idle , turn idle speed down and adjust again until best idle is reached- repeat , once its best turn idle speed up to ware you like it. 1800-2000 rpm.

if you end up over 2 1/2 turns out on the fuel screw you then need a bigger pilot jet, if less than 1/2 turn you need a smaller pilot jet. make sure to start with a new pilot jet cleaning them is for dummies.

• Like 1

Thanks - just for clarification , are you referring to the screw that is located in bowl of carb and not the throttle position screw. The adjustment screw ( which I think is a fuel mixture screw ) seems to be hard and maybe impossible to access without removing carb.  Also- any recommendations for getting carb back into air cleaner boot? Thanks again

Edited by sikamore

#32 in your pic is the fuel screw- their is a releef in the bowl for it, most  folks buy an extended or remote fuel screw- and yes I,m referring to it.

as for getting the carb back in try putting it in the air boot first then tighten the clamp then hook it to the cylinder boot- grease helps

• Like 1