Sign in to follow this  

Rebuild advice

Hello all, I have a 2011 beta 520rs I have 100hrs on the motor and 3179miles on the whole unit the only thing I have done to the motor was check valves and re shim at 75hrs. Other than basic oil changes that's it! I was planing on doing a compression test and leak down test to see where I'm at as far as a fresh top in, I was wondering how many of you have pushed this farther back and just how many hours is to much? Thanks for any help.

What kind of use do you put upon it?

Race enduro's?

Play ride?

Keep it at red-line all the time?

Have you changed the de-compression assembly? Does it start easy?

"If" it is being used for play riding/family enduro's most likely all you gotta do is change the oil pump gears, check the valves and leave it alone, other than changing its juices.....

Do it again in another 100 hours, then again in another 100 hours.

That is unless you're racing it.....

It's my dual sport bike, but when I ride it I'm not among company that likes to sight see, I'm no A rider but definitely not a C. The bike is no virgin...

Also it starts fine and runs good, like I said I just want a ball bark, to see what other people are getting out of them.

302 hours, 7300 miles, 4T oil-pump drive gears ...

A few pages ago the topic above says it all, check it out. The oil pump gears should be replaced around a 100 non-race hours for safety, then valve adjustments and fresh juice, ride it like ya stole it!

Hello all, I have a 2011 beta 520rs I have 100hrs on the motor and 3179miles on the whole unit the only thing I have done to the motor was check valves and re shim at 75hrs. Other than basic oil changes that's it! I was planing on doing a compression test and leak down test to see where I'm at as far as a fresh top in, I was wondering how many of you have pushed this farther back and just how many hours is to much? Thanks for any help.

302 hours, 7300 miles, 4T oil-pump drive gears ...

A few pages ago the topic above says it all, check it out. The oil pump gears should be replaced around a 100 non-race hours for safety, then valve adjustments and fresh juice, ride it like ya stole it!

2011 520RS also. I got lucky that my gears self destructed at start-up and I could hear it. At 302 hours.

At 360 hours & +9000 miles now. The metal engine parts seem fine. Replace the plastic oil-pump gears every 100-150 hours & the water-pump seal, o-ring, & bushing every 300 hours. Both intake valves needed shims at 100 & 300 hours. Change the oil & RIDE it!  :-)

Catfish ...

Edited by catfish