Sign in to follow this  

XR650R Oversized seat which fits Clarke 4.3 Tank

All:

I am 6'3, 225 pounds, and dual-sport a Honda XR650R.

Looking for a taller, softer, wider seat/seat foam option to accommodate long days on the slab as well as a passenger.

Looking at the GUTs tall/soft foam for $63/shipped on eBay.

Does anyone have the GUTs foam and does it work with oversized gas tanks, Clarke 4.3 in particular?

Thanks!!! 

Not 100% sure but I think the foam just sits on top of the stock seat pan. So if the stock pan fits with the clarke tank then there shouldn't be an issue. Let's see what others say though.

Any seat that fits the stock bike/tank will fit with a Clarke 4.3g

IMO, Soft foam is great for the trail, but not what you really want for the street.  If you are going to spend a lot of time sitting, you will be better served with a wider seat.  Something like this:  http://www.renazco.com/

Edited by XRandWRRider

I am split between the tall foam from GUTS and the Seat Concepts.

REALLY thinking of ordering the seat concepts today...

Renazco is out of my budget.

Like I said before, tall and soft is great for the trail, but not really what you want for the street.   You want something WIDE.  If the "seat concepts" product is wide like they show in that link, then fine, but when you click on the XR650R, it looks like a normal width seat.  I am not familiar enough to comment further, but maybe someone else is.  I am all about finding the best product at a bargain $$ price point, so what you really need to find out is if the "Seat Concepts" is wide enough ????  Good luck, and report back what you choose and what you think of it.

seat concepts is wide in the ass area just what you need .... i have done 14 hr days on it with no real issue's ...i wouldn't go anything else

Edited by Sean-0