Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Indian Creek and other Trail History - Need ASAP

Looking for confirmation before 5 PM 5/20. I believe the trails in Indian Creek were created by dirt bikers and would love some concrete confirmation of that.  If you know the history of creation of those trails and any concrete info on when we (dirt bikes) lost access I'd love to have it.

I know we can't ride there now. I've ridden Indian Creek area on mtn bike and know what its like. Its great...but now dirt bikes can't go there. I want to have this ammo for meeting vs CMC to dispute their statement that there is a need for more quiet recreation opportunities near the Denver metro area.

Obviously the Colorado Trail runs from Waterton to Durango and goes through Buffalo Creek area.  That is alot of room for quiet recreation right there!

On top of that, there are hundreds of miles of quiet use trails near SW Denver (JeffCo and Doug Co trails) and I'd like to know of as many as possible that used to be open to dirt bikes, but now are closed to us.

Thanks.

I have found some old maps that show what was open at one point. Still would like info that predates this info.

Trails 12, 19 and 10 (more recently numbered 693, 692 and 695) were in the vicinity and are now closed.  12 and 19 used to run fairly close to the Bear Creek trail which ends at Indian Creek TH.

Any additional info, esp historical use of Bear Creek Trail from Indian Creek TH to Waterton Canyon would be welcome.

Thanks.