Hi gang:

I've got a 2007 XR650L with the following mods:

FMF Q4 exhaust

Smog stuff removed

UNI air filter and airbox mods

Dave's Mods

Rejetted to 52/155

I ride between 6000-12000 feet.

Since rejetting, I've noticed a vast improvement in power when aggressive with the throttle, but I do notice a sluggishness when accelerating slowly. I'm not sure it is any worse than before jetting (it was a bit sluggish through entire throttle before). Would that indicate my pilot jet is not ideal?

For what it's worth, I often notice some popping from the exhaust when decelerating. Related?

With Dave's mods and my elevation, would you try bigger or smaller pilot? 

I pulled the plug end of last season and I didn't see any evidence of rich/lean combustion.

Thanks for any advice!

Edited by boldham

At that elevation.......you might actually be rich...popping on decel can be corrected by adjusting the fuel screw out a little,.

You can try a 55 pilot....but at that elevation i think it`d be too rich,,only way to know is try it..

B

At that elevation.......you might actually be rich...popping on decel can be corrected by adjusting the fuel screw out a little,.

You can try a 55 pilot....but at that elevation i think it`d be too rich,,only way to know is try it..

B

Thanks for feedback. I'll try original 50 as well as 55 for comparison and report back!