USWE SPORTS ACTION HYDRO PACKS GIVEAWAYS!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Doing BRD Route in July--Recommendations for Single Track

Have a group of guys from Idaho, Washington, Texas and California doing the Backcountry Discovery Route (on dirt bikes not adventure bikes).   See backcountrydiscoveryroutes.com if not familar.  Most of the route is majestic and fast but off road.  Would like to find a few riding areas along the way where we can take a diversion on some single track.  We are going to start off doing the Rainbow Trail.  We start off at Four Corners...run through Cortez, Telluride, Lake San Cristobal, Buena Vista, Gypsum, Steamboat Springs on up to Wyoming border.  If anyone can suggest some alternative riding or refer us to someone...let me know.  Thank you! Ride on!  

That sounds like a great time! I am headed out in 3 weeks to do a variation of the Utah BDR. We started with the UTBDR map and made detours to include our favorite single track, Slickrock, and mountsin trails. I like the idea of using dirt bikes for this very reason! I'll be on my CRF450R prepped with a 4.0 gallon tank, Z-start pro, and wide ratio transmission. All this will be made possible because of my favorite luggage the Giant Loop Coyote bag, this thing is the perfect answer to what your doing.

Be sure to have everyone do some dry runs before heading out. After camping from off of the bike the first time it's amazing what you will realize needs adjustment for the real trip.

Good luck out there !

How was the trip? Did Utah a few years ago and WA last summer. We use dirtbikea too but find motels along the way (plates bikes). Doing Co in two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk