Sign in to follow this  

YZ125 2000 Clutch shaft pulled up due to keeper bolt vib out.

So my son was riding and keep bolt vib'd out,, when he got home noticed arm could pull out..   clutch was working fine,,, i cut down a 6mm and spun the end of it down and was ready to install,,,  clutch lever on engine had spring to it,,, so i pulled it up like i did before just to see the grove my new bolt has to groove into, (Looked thru the 6mm hole),, and when i pulled up this time and wiggled the shaft to get it to engauge the rod inside it did go down but i noticed the spring in the clutch was gone when i moved the lever..  uggg.

So basically the lever out of the blue clocks 4 hours back and forth with no clutch spring feel..

So i took the cover off and nothing looks funny,,, im assuming the little notched shaft in the middle is suppose to be floppy,,, put cover back on and figured i had to make the teeth engauge such that the shaft would pull outboard and ,,, well just like a rock...

Any ideas..   It's not like i even moved the bike ?

Didn't line up the gear correctly. Ive done it a million times. just need to take cover off and try to line it up again. Before you bolt it down you should just push the cover on hard and try to move the arm. If it moves bolt it up. If its rock hard try again.

Hope this helps,

GoYamaha