Sign in to follow this  

Exp 3.0 worth it?

So....im having an issue with a) dead engine starts and B) dead engine starts. I race mxgp, hour long motocross on a very long track. I have used a rekluse on a ktm 525sx before and thought it was cool and the owner of the track, after being VERY much last into the first turn and fighting to first, told me he can get me a exp 3.0 for 3 bills. What are yyou guys thinking that have one?

many many threads on this. i would do some searching, as it becomes a big topic for those that don't like em, and those that do.. i won't race woods/harescramble without one personally. You still won't be able to start the crf450 in gear even with a rekluse with enough regularity to make it safe to do it. But, you can start it, drop in gear then just roll on the gas without fear of stalling it or modulating the clutch perfect.

Wanna get instant dead engine starts ? get a 2stroke.. :(

the exp3.0 is $399 unless you get a good discount from a sponsoring dealer/vendor. Rekluse has a 30 day money back offer.

many many threads on this. i would do some searching, as it becomes a big topic for those that don't like em, and those that do.. i won't race woods/harescramble without one personally. You still won't be able to start the crf450 in gear even with a rekluse with enough regularity to make it safe to do it. But, you can start it, drop in gear then just roll on the gas without fear of stalling it or modulating the clutch perfect.

Wanna get instant dead engine starts ? get a 2stroke.. :(

the exp3.0 is $399 unless you get a good discount from a sponsoring dealer/vendor. Rekluse has a 30 day money back offer.

I can get one for 300, brand new off shelf. Sorry, not knocking 2strokes at all, but no thanks. They are about to bump me a class and the start is going to mean a lot more, as is I am winning but my starts (dead engine) are costing me roughly 7 seconds. Once I hit expert class, I need that 7 seconds. My 03 cr250 did the same damn thing, is it the mesh trans? I practice and it works great on the 450 but anxiety on the line makes me do something wierd that costs me and I dont know what. I havent stalled the bike in a race ever, just cant get my start right...warming up too much, not enough, hot start no hot start, I dont know....