Sign in to follow this  

Brembo clutch problem

My friend bought a used 2012, tcx310 and she had a problem with the metal rod in the plunger it coming dislodged and causing the clutch to jam. has anyone had this happen or does anyone have a diagram of the clutch so I can see if maybe he is missing something?

My friend bought a used 2012, tcx310 and she had a problem with the metal rod in the plunger it coming dislodged and causing the clutch to jam. has anyone had this happen or does anyone have a diagram of the clutch so I can see if maybe he is missing something?

Hi Matt, I have all the manuals buddy.  PM me your email address or Facebook me and I can send you whatever you need.

The slave cylinder pushes on a long control rod that goes all the way through the motor.  on the other side the control rod pushes against the clutch pressure plate to release the clutch.  If you remove the slave cylinder or the pressure plate on the clutch side, you can grab the control rod and slide it right out.  It shouldn't have any play inside it's bore.  If there is a bunch of play and you can see that the rod is worn, replace it.