Sign in to follow this  

xtrig phds?

thinking about getting a clamp with more options to move the bars fwd on a 14 crf450, and noticed the xtrig clamps. Not sure I understand how they dampen vibration though since the bar mounts are mounted directly to the clamp surface without any elastomer in between. Wouldnt the vibration pass right through the lower bar mount into the bar and out to the grips?

Your asking about the PHDS bar mounting system right?  There are elastomers that absorb vibrations and allow the bars to flex a little.  I have them on my new bike currently running the stock yellow.  Have not tried the green yet but have read that the green elastomers are the bees knees.

There is a little piece that sits in between the clamp and the bars supported by the elastomers.  The bars do not directly touch the clamp on the bottom, they do on the top clamp.  

phds.jpg

Your asking about the PHDS bar mounting system right?  There are elastomers that absorb vibrations and allow the bars to flex a little.  I have them on my new bike currently running the stock yellow.  Have not tried the green yet but have read that the green elastomers are the bees knees.

There is a little piece that sits in between the clamp and the bars supported by the elastomers.  The bars do not directly touch the clamp on the bottom, they do on the top clamp.  

aahhh ok, now i get it, thanks! Placing an order today, I like the multiple adjustments options with these clamps.