Sign in to follow this  

2011 CRF+ triple clamps on 05-07 CR250?

Will this work? Are the fork tube diameters the same? Steering stem the same? I would like to do this to mount the late model #plate and fender.  I know the bearings are different but if it is a bearing swap to make it work I might go for it. 

• Like 1

Not sure about the bearings, but the forks are 1mm larger on the newer models. So you'd either need shims or newer forks.

I read somewhere the other day that you can use the triple's but have to use the 05-07 lower bearing. I'm wanting to do the same as you, hopefully someone will chime in and give some solid advice, then we can get on the hunt.

I put Ride Engineering clamps for a '12 450 on my '01. Had to shim my forks but everything else worked.

• Like 1

I read somewhere the other day that you can use the triple's but have to use the 05-07 lower bearing. I'm wanting to do the same as you, hopefully someone will chime in and give some solid advice, then we can get on the hunt.

Yes, the '09-12 CRF450 clamps use a lower bearing with a slightly different angle than the '02-07 CR250 uses. I suspect you may be able to just change the race, but all conversions I've seen were using the '02+ CR250 lower bearing. I bought '13 CRF450 clamps and discovered that in '13 Honda switched to using the same bearing as the '02+ CR250 uses, so it's a direct fit with no changes. Except obviously you have to shim the forks as CR250 are 47mm and the '09+ CRF450 uses 48mm forks. The upper and lower shims aren't the same, I followed the advice of user Kirkes and found my shims at Home Depot (roof flashing). I think .010 and .016 were ideal for shims. The rolls of roof flashing weren't exactly consistent, I measured several rolls and found one at .010 and another at like .014 thickness (close enough). Kirkes did a nice write-up you may wanna check out. It's a little tricky to get the shims in and aligned, but not too bad.

• Like 2

Change lower bearing, shim forks, fender and number plate. That is all that is needed..

Steve

• Like 2