Sign in to follow this  

Help with PW 80

Does anybody know where this line should plug into it goes from the carburetor up to something.

1400554164740.jpg

Haven't looked at our PW80 for several months but I'm sure it is a carby bowl vent hose.

Yours may be a bit short.   It's normally longer and sits up under the frame/tank.

I never owned a pw 80 but I'm pretty sure that's not a vent hose, looks like an oil injection hose. Is your pump hooked up still?

Thanks everybody. I checked the oil injection unit and it does have a hose running from it to the carburetor. So I don't think it's the oil injector hoes I tried to get a good pic but it was kinda hard

Some people think I know a thing or two about PW80s, that's a vent for your carb bowl. It's supposed to tuck in under the gas tank. It's not going to hurt anything if it's been cut or broken and doesn't tuck under the gas tank any more, just don't ride in a downpour or drive through water that's taller than the hose is high (but c'mon, it's a PW80, your kid is gonna be up to his waist if it's anywhere near that high.)

By contrast, the oil injection hose connects on the right side of the carb in line with the intake path so oil can be atomized much the same way that fuel is. It's a much smaller hose, like 1/16" or about 1.2mm

Enjoy.

Edit: your PW80 could use a bath. If you ever need to work on it, clean it first cause you're going to force feed it a bunch of crud otherwise.

Edited by Smacaroni