Sign in to follow this  

What Would You Do

I got my JD jet kit in the mail and you guys get me on the right track for jetting so all I am waiting on is the MRD pipe.

Should I go ahead and do the 3X3 mod and install the carb kit or should I take no action till the pipe arrives?

Thanks

How long until the pipe arrives? I was in the same position, pipe was 2.5 weeks out, I just waited for the mrd to show up and did it all at once.

Just do the 3x3 mod and re-jet the carb.

You'll be be a pro at removing the carb for re-jetting by the time you get the pipe.

It took me 3 hours or so to do the 3x3 mod (tried to remove the airbox first, got frustrated, bolted it back up and cut the hole with the airbox in place).

The second time I took the carb out, it took me maybe 45mins from start to back up and running.

It's easy once you've done it once.

Jet it and get it done. Who knows when the pipe will get there.

Murphy's law will kick in, and the pipe will get there sooner if you do the 3x3 and re-jet.

I did my jet upgrade snd 3x3 mod on my sm before I got my mrd pipe, but I had a derestricted e exhaust on, but even with a standard sm pipe it still works fine. The exact thing happened to my mate and we just did it first.

I got my JD jet kit in the mail and you guys get me on the right track for jetting so all I am waiting on is the MRD pipe.

Should I go ahead and do the 3X3 mod and install the carb kit or should I take no action till the pipe arrives?

Thanks

For open pipe (no insert) and with 3x3 mod use...

160 main jet

Blue Needle, Clip 3 (counting down from top of needle)

Stock 22.5 pilot jet with an extended fuel screw, or 25 pilot jet with stock fuel screw

2.75 turns

Suzuki DRZ400 3X3 mod
  • Like 1

Do it all at once or just go ahead and jet it for the pipe and live with it rich til the pipe arrives.

• Like 2

Do it all at once or just go ahead and jet it for the pipe and live with it rich til the pipe arrives.

Yes you would get away with that idea if you run without the airbox door,....

• Like 2

For open pipe (no insert) and with 3x3 mod use...

160 main jet

Blue Needle, Clip 3 (counting down from top of needle)

Stock 22.5 pilot jet with an extended fuel screw, or 25 pilot jet with stock fuel screw

2.75 turns

Suzuki DRZ400 3X3 mod

Craigo you are the man, if you every make it up this way I am buying your a beer.

• Like 4

Craigo you are the man, if you every make it up this way I am buying your a beer.

Mate, I made a typo, should be clip 4...Sorry....

Edited by Craigo 485sm
  • Like 1