Sign in to follow this  

1995 kx250 left case half

I a in desperate need of a left case half for a 1995 kx250. I have been looking for a while and so far have had no luck finding one. So if anyone has one they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price I would greatly appreciate it.

Please read up on line boring and Kawasaki crankcase halves being purchased and sold as a set.

I kind of figured it would be best to keep them as a set. So I change my request does anyone have a set of crankcase halves? :)

I'm pretty sure I've seen some for sale recently on eBay.

Yeah there was a set on ebay and they got snatched up before I got to them. I now check daily. :)

Good luck on your shopping.

Thank you a little bit of luck never seems to hurt. 

Ebay finally came through and someone listed a left case half from a 1995 kx250. I was a little bit reluctant to purchase it after being told that kawasaki case halfs must be bought and sold as a set due to being line bored and matched to one another. After considerable thought on that topic I decided to go against the advice I had been given and I bought the case half. My reasoning there being that the whole matched set thing is not feasible as all other engine components are the same. If the cases had that much variance then each and every transmission and crankshaft would be matched to a specific case as they would have to be machined to accommodate the difference in case sets. 

The case half arrived two days after I ordered it, kudos to ReCycled Cycles for getting it in the mail so quickly after receiving payment for the item. I hate ordering things off ebay then waiting days after the payment has cleared for them to be shipped. Anyways I swapped out the case half the next day and it went back together perfectly, as if the case halfs were a matched set. I took it out to test ride it the next day and had no problems at all the motor is as strong as ever and there are no leaks. I couldn't be happier to have my kx back up and running as it is by far and away my favorite of the bikes I own. 

So what do you check for the cases to be matched?  I have a 2000 kx250 to fix (got it for next to nothing) and it broke a piston and cracked the R case half under the crank. I also have a parts motor with a good right case half. I think if the cases can be used together it would be a better option then welding the broken one as it is pushed out a little.

thanks for replys in advance.