Sign in to follow this  

AIS Removal Kit

Hello- I bought a new way lost left over 2007 WR250F last year to ride while I work on restoring my 06 KTM 450sx which includes replacing the 450 engine with a 07 400xcw engine. My first real ride on it was completely stock and I enjoyed just a few things about it, electric start and the suspension. The front tire just seemed like it was magnetized to the earth. I put on a Dr.D complete exhaust on just before putting it away for the winter and it was a completely different bike. I really enjoy riding it and want to give it the attention it deserves to further its transformation into a full fledge race bike. I have to ride in the 450/250 A class since there is no 250/125 A class in my hare scramble district and the WR is at no disadvantage. Well besides having me on it. I'm sure all of you reading this know how great of a bike it is, but the thing keeps on impressing me even through the abuse I put it through. It didn't like the 10w50 oil I used last race though, I have to pull the clutch plates apart I think, while the bike is off, in gear, with the clutch pulled in, it won't disengage from the engine and roll freely. It does however ride just fine while started and will disengage while running in gear. I think if I pull the plates out and swap to 10w40 tomorrow it should help. If someone has another suggestion I will definitely look into it. Worst case I get to convince the Mrs that I need a Rekluse.... But the reason for the post, and sorry for the rant, I called Rock River since it's the closest Yamaha dealer while looking for an AIS removal kit a couple days before the last race and checked the Thumper Talk store for the 2007 AIS removal kit. RRiver gave something like NOT 07 but will fit 08, 09, Again NOT 10, Will fit 11, 12 for the GYTR kit. I hope not to sound like a tool but I was under the impression 07-13 were the same engines and the parts dept. had no answers for me and suggested I turn to a forum and RR asked kindly if I could report back with any information of the correct kits for the 07 & 10. Since I read Thumper Talk all the time I need help from the vast knowledge here to find where I can purchase the correct kit. Does anyone know if GYTR makes their own jets? The kit states it has a main jet, I believe I just would need the leak I and I'll start with, if I recall correctly, the popular #40, Tokyo Mods suggested and uses the GYTR kit over the JD's but they only have the Jets for and will do the carb and I'm in need of the kit. Thank You Sincerely

Edited by TimberTitan

Practically any motorcycle I've owned will not roll freely with the engine off, tranny in gear, and clutch lever pulled in due to normal clutch drag under that situation.

So, that's normal.

Here's the part number for your AIS Removal Kit:

GYT-5UM93-69-01

This is a valid Yamaha part number that any Yamaha motorcycle dealer can order.

It fits 2006-and-up WR-250Fs.

The AIS Removal Kit comes with instructions and the parts and jets and carb needle needed to do the job, but lots of guys will go a step further and install a smaller number leak jet than what the kit comes with out of personal preference, as well as use a rubber O-ring to tie the accelerator pump levers together to make the initial squirt from the pump nozzle more immediate.

Lots of threads on here about that stuff.

Personally, depending who you speak to at your Yamaha dealer, don't expect most under that roof to know any uncorking details about a WR-250F.

• Like 1

I sincerely thank you for the assistance! I'll be getting it this week. I'm glad to hear that it's normal for it not to roll, prior to its first race it did and now it's like the clutch is non existent and it won't move at all without turning the engine over. My KTM's never did that so it's a first for me. I planned on doing the o ring mod but I think I read some actually used wire. I'll have to search some threads to see if it actually worked. I actually really enjoy turning a wrench on bikes and thanks again for giving me the part number so I can.