Sign in to follow this  

fuel range

Hi,

I have just switched from a wr250 to a 2013 exc 350f. I am in process of planning some trail loops but i have yet to ride long enough to find out what the real mileage of the stock tank is on the bike. I have EU map ( its a EU bike so less of that environmental stuff most of you deal with ) but otherwise its stock.

What sort of mileage have people done on a single tank? if i get enough answers i might be able to work out an average. Some of the fuel stops i was looking at are 90 miles apart. I have a 1 liter fuel bottle i can strap onto the back which should give me about 9 liters of fuel plus the 1 liter spare. thats assuming the 2013 has a 9liter tank stock ( 9`liters = 1.98 Gallons ).

i know it depends on terrain, riding style etc, so the more replies, the better an average i can work out.

thanks.

Hi,

I have just switched from a wr250 to a 2013 exc 350f. I am in process of planning some trail loops but i have yet to ride long enough to find out what the real mileage of the stock tank is on the bike. I have EU map ( its a EU bike so less of that environmental stuff most of you deal with ) but otherwise its stock.

What sort of mileage have people done on a single tank? if i get enough answers i might be able to work out an average. Some of the fuel stops i was looking at are 90 miles apart. I have a 1 liter fuel bottle i can strap onto the back which should give me about 9 liters of fuel plus the 1 liter spare. thats assuming the 2013 has a 9liter tank stock ( 9`liters = 1.98 Gallons ).

i know it depends on terrain, riding style etc, so the more replies, the better an average i can work out.

thanks.

My friend has the 2013 350exc-f and 90 miles would be a piece of cake,my 500 can do that... But yes it will depend alot on terrain and riding style. The 350 gets great gas mileage.

Edited by mojave1

Wow. I don't get that kind of mileage on my 2014 350EXC. I also have the EU map and pushing hard in the desert (i.e. a mix of sand and dirt riding + no pavement) am averaging around 39 mpg which = ~87 miles on the stock tank (bone dry). In less demanding conditions 90 miles might be do-able but it will be close. Stock tank is 2.25 gallons. If you carry an extra liter you should be ok.

Edited by PBDBLUE

I got 105ish-120ish miles to the tank on my 13' 350exc depending on terrain. I did 90 miles on my 500exc recently before fueling up and my light hadn't even come on yet so i'm guessing it too gets about 100-115ish to the tank.

It depends on how you have the bike geared as well. I run 13/50 with a JD tuner, exhaust, and my 240lb butt......90 miles is pushing it for me.

It depends on how you have the bike geared as well. I run 13/50 with a JD tuner, exhaust, and my 240lb butt......90 miles is pushing it for me.

Gotta be the terrain......jk. I think OP can do 90 pretty easy.

I can see that. My best has been 92 before the light came on. Geared 13/48 with JD at 4500 feet and my 215 lbs. I've also had as little as 55 with the same setup at the same elevation with a friend who could keep pace. Depends on the terrain and how aggressively you ride as well as elevation.

From what I've personally experienced, a hundredish on stock tank with stock map, and 80ish with stock tank and Euro map. 14/48 gearing. Cheers