Sign in to follow this  

Anyone try the new Dunlop Geomax 32s?

I just mounted these bad boys last night. The 32s are for soft to intermediate terrain but they're suppose to be pretty good on hard packed too. Going to try them out today. It's going to be some medium terrain but mostly hard packed.  I hear they'er the best thing since hip pockets. I've been using the Dunlop 51s and have really liked them but their newest Geomax invention is suppose to be a lot better. They're suppose to wear a lot longer too.  I'll let you know later. Anyone else try them yet? 

Dunlop_rear_32.jpg

Dunlop_front_32.jpg

• Like 1

I just put the mx32 on the front and mx52 on the back and had my first race of the year last weekend.  I really liked them, the front was extremely grabby and predictable.  I was taken the inside line on a couple corners where everyone else was taking the outside and I made a couple nice passes.  They're the best tires I've ran even better then my favorite m403/404.  Here's a video of the race you can see the corner I'm talking about at :40 and 2:50

Thanks Max, that's good to know. Nice inside pass on the first lap...two guys in one corner. Where do you have your camera mounted? Looks like chest guard...too low. I think your footage would look better on the helmet. 

• Like 1

Ya its the chest mount, a little to low.  I normally do the under the visor mount but I wanted to try something different.

Not sure if this helps anyone decide but this is how the tires look after 3 - 15 minute practice sessions and 4 15 minute motos.  So about 2 hours on these tires.

Front mx32

IMAG1653.jpg

Rear mx52

IMAG1657.jpg

I just put a 52 on the back to replace a worn out 51. Very nice upgrade. Can anyone tell me what the stripes that go around the tire on the knobbies are for?

Keith, I don't know much about tires but I think the lines are to help line the tire evenly, but that's what I think. And the "little knobbies" are excess from the mold when they were made.

I just put the mx32 on the front and mx52 on the back and had my first race of the year last weekend. I really liked them, the front was extremely grabby and predictable. I was taken the inside line on a couple corners where everyone else was taking the outside and I made a couple nice passes. They're the best tires I've ran even better then my favorite m403/404. Here's a video of the race you can see the corner I'm talking about at :40 and 2:50

Cool race!! What class and bike size? Braaaap! Great sounding bike.

I almost like the chest mount view more then the helmet. It seems most helmet cams are pointed too far down.

After seeing the video and tires I think I'll try the 32's. I'm due for a new set.

How did you like them Gary?

I just mounted these bad boys last night. The 32s are for soft to intermediate terrain but they're suppose to be pretty good on hard packed too. Going to try them out today. It's going to be some medium terrain but mostly hard packed.  I hear they'er the best thing since hip pockets. I've been using the Dunlop 51s and have really liked them but their newest Geomax invention is suppose to be a lot better. They're suppose to wear a lot longer too.  I'll let you know later. Anyone else try them yet? 

I got to try them today...not disappointed in the least. They are everything I expected and then some. Now I know why most of the pro teams use Dunlop: Honda, Factory Connection's Geico Honda, Monster Kawasaki, Pro Circuit, Red Bull KTM, Yoshimura Suzuki, RCH, Rockstar KTM and Star Yamaha. 

Here's a short 3:45 video of Ty and I riding today at my track in Lisbon OH. 

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o8-T-TkSwEg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Edited by Gary_Semics
  • Like 1

Keith, I don't know much about tires but I think the lines are to help line the tire evenly, but that's what I think. And the "little knobbies" are excess from the mold when they were made.

No the little knobbies are called knob in knob technology. Supposedly for better traction.

I just put the mx32 on the front and mx52 on the back and had my first race of the year last weekend.  I really liked them, the front was extremely grabby and predictable.  I was taken the inside line on a couple corners where everyone else was taking the outside and I made a couple nice passes.  They're the best tires I've ran even better then my favorite m403/404.  Here's a video of the race you can see the corner I'm talking about at :40 and 2:50

nice racing! tho keep in mind when you are engine braking a 2 stroke it doesnt get any lubrication at all. ive killed several pistons this way..

I got to try them today...not disappointed in the least. They are everything I expected and then some. Now I know why most of the pro teams use Dunlop: Honda, Factory Connection's Geico Honda, Monster Kawasaki, Pro Circuit, Red Bull KTM, Yoshimura Suzuki, RCH, Rockstar KTM and Star Yamaha. 

Here's a short 3:45 video of Ty and I riding today at my track in Lisbon OH. 

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o8-T-TkSwEg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

which width did you buy? i also read that Motocross action mag gave mx32 's 5 stars. thats nearly impossible to get from them!

have just ordered these bad boys myself, what kind of tire pressure are you running ?

nice racing! tho keep in mind when you are engine braking a 2 stroke it doesnt get any lubrication at all. ive killed several pistons this way..

Your idle jet or clip position was to lean, it shouldn't fry a piston when you close the throttle. I actually run my idle jet a little rich just for that reason.

Your idle jet or clip position was to lean, it shouldn't fry a piston when you close the throttle. I actually run my idle jet a little rich just for that reason.

it didnt seize but it was in very bad condition after just 15 hours. however i ride 4 stroke now so i dont have this problem no more!

• Like 1

have just ordered these bad boys myself, what kind of tire pressure are you running ?

I run them at 12.5, not sure what other guys do. 

• Like 1