Sign in to follow this  

YZ295 - which flywheel weight?

Just moved from an 00 250 to an 03 295.  My 250 had the factory GYTR +8oz flywheel, and I loved how it pulled.  The 295 with no weight is wheelspin crazy and way easier to stall.   Debating between throwing another GYTR on the 295 or going to a Stehly 11oz for the bigger beast.  Anyone had experience with either, good or bad?  Or am I pretty much looking at the same thing either way - I know the weight placement of the GYTR affects overall inertia differently.  Thanks! 

I have the larger Stheely, forgot the size

Took it off when I went with the "Hodkins Stator" because both are redundant

$25 plus shipping its yours

PM me if interested

PM sent!

When I converted my 2005 from 250 to 280 I went down from 13 oz Steahly to a 9 oz GYTR. But I also had mine ported for low to mid power. 

Yeah, I'm thinkin I'll just go with the gitter. Stehly's have some higher weights, but so much is in the middle, where it doesn't do much help.

Had Stealhy 11 oz.on my 250 and left it on when I put the 293 cylinder on. Like a tractor and smooth.

I notice very little difference between the stock vs 9oz GYTR on fast mx track....hit is about the same and wheel spin. The GYTR feels better on the enduro-X on the slow technical stuff in the bush. It also reduces engine braking although a 2-stroke has very little to begin with.....to me it equates to better control approaching a corner or over a jump.   

I notice very little difference between the stock vs 9oz GYTR on fast mx track....hit is about the same and wheel spin. The GYTR feels better on the enduro-X on the slow technical stuff in the bush. It also reduces engine braking although a 2-stroke has very little to begin with.....to me it equates to better control approaching a corner or over a jump.

this is exactly what I'm looking for. Got one bolted in, gonna see how it rides tomorrow!

I did the GYTR and it did exactly what I expected. Smoothed out the low low stuff...even stalled once and the thing fired itself back up! Once the thing hits the power, feels the same as without the weight. I do like how the GYTR tucks in and fits perfectly.

• Like 1

I did the GYTR and it did exactly what I expected. Smoothed out the low low stuff...even stalled once and the thing fired itself back up! Once the thing hits the power, feels the same as without the weight. I do like how the GYTR tucks in and fits perfectly.

So is that pretty much what the smaller weights do? I like the chug and snap of my 01 250 but want to get rid of the low low speed stalls. I don't want my bike toned down too much, just want to get rid of stalling.

U could try idling it up just a tad for stalling. Mine has a 295 with rekluse and 13 oz . Its like a giant electric motor.

Didn't even think of that haha. Thanks for the advice.

So is that pretty much what the smaller weights do? I like the chug and snap of my 01 250 but want to get rid of the low low speed stalls. I don't want my bike toned down too much, just want to get rid of stalling.

I also have the GYTR offroad flywheel on an 00 250. Pulls nice down low, still scares anyone else that rides it.

I also have the GYTR offroad flywheel on an 00 250. Pulls nice down low, still scares anyone else that rides it.

Thaaaaats pretty much what I'm after. Not sure though on the GYTR or steahly 11..... Opinion? I know it's been beat to death haha....