Sign in to follow this  

Thinking of selling bike. What price?

Hello, I am seriously thinking of selling my 2014 250L. I love this bike but it is my second motorcycle and recent life changes (divorce) (new house) have changed things. I would appreciate help determining a price.

FMF Mega Bomb, FMF Power Core, EJK programmer, Led turn signals front and rear, Led brake light and tag bracket, Luggage Rack, 950 miles, 1 service completed. No issues, perfect like new condition.

Thanks

00L0L_j0wtbAimMcK_600x450.jpg

00v0v_9x1Imzd1hdh_600x450.jpg

• Like 2

Prices in my region (southeast) have fallen substantially. CRF250Ls can be found for $3500 all day long in stock form.

Edit: Keep in mind modifications don't typically add a lot (if any) of equity in a motorcycle. Generally buyers in the category are looking for an entry-level bike that's cheap and a clean slate. I would recommend removing any stickers or personal-additions that you've done. Include any stock parts in the sale that you still have. You want the buyer to seem themselves on the bike, not you. Hope this helps. Sorry you have to sell it. You're welcome to post it in the classified section of ThumperTalk to get some initial feedback. Cheers!

Edited by kray
  • Like 2

The price is relative to speed in wich you want the bike to sell ........... price it cheap and it sells quick. If you want to get top dollar plan on having it around awhile until someone comes around that can appreciate your mods. 

Most often your best bet for a decent return is to put the bike back to stock and then list your aftermarket parts here in the classifieds or offer to sell them to said prospective buyer. 

just my thoughts ....  :thinking:

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. 4k is a good price. It's not a make it or break it deal to sell the bike and I do not want to give it away. I will see what happens on craigslist. I know if I sold it I would regret it.

When I purchased the bike they were hard to find in my area. I lucked out and found this one just coming off the truck.

• Like 2

Divorce sucks "been there done that" --IO did 1000% better the second time--hopefully the next one will have MONEY??? :facepalm: :facepalm: :devil: :devil:

• Like 4

that sucks…sorry about your lost dale81 man wish you were close i need a pipe kit!  :thinking:

• Like 1