Sign in to follow this  

09 KX250f clutch slip

I have a 09 KX250 and when you start out from a dead stop, it feels as though the clutch is no fully engaging. Any suggestions

You saying it revving but no forward motion or the bike is trying to move with the clutch pulled in ?

As you take off and release the clutch, it feels as though the clutch is still partially engaged and slipping

As you take off and release the clutch, it feels as though the clutch is still partially engaged and slipping

probably need new inner hub, basket , fibers, steels, springs and cable

or just new friction plates . . . clutches do wear out.  You can also try cleaning the frictions and the steels with sandpaper if they are to spec from a thickness perspective.  The free play on the cable (GP) is the first thing to check.  It has to engage before it can do anything.  One other thing is the oil.  Lots of brands to choose from, but energy conserving motor oil will cause the clutch to slip.

or just new friction plates . . . clutches do wear out. You can also try cleaning the frictions and the steels with sandpaper if they are to spec from a thickness perspective. The free play on the cable (GP) is the first thing to check. It has to engage before it can do anything. One other thing is the oil. Lots of brands to choose from, but energy conserving motor oil will cause the clutch to slip.

I get it could be as simple as fibers and steels. Problem is some don't check or understand if you have grooved your inner hub that changing only fibers is pointless.

mxracer YOU NEED TO STOP GIVING BULLSHIT ADVICE! Just because the clutch is slipping doesn't mean all of the above tard...... btw 09s need 300 ml more oil than the manual states in order to extend clutch life.

• Like 1

mxracer YOU NEED TO STOP GIVING BULLSHIT ADVICE! Just because the clutch is slipping doesn't mean all of the above tard...... btw 09s need 300 ml more oil than the manual states in order to extend clutch life.

what the hell you know? Oh your a top mechanic cause you add more oil? No kidding been running more oil in them since we started running kawis nationally. And yes these bikes blow through inner hubs but obviously you know very little. We can chew up a stock set up before a second fiber change is needed. I'm far from a pro motor builder but seeing how my son made Loretta's on them I tear them down routinely.

what the hell you know? Oh your a top mechanic cause you add more oil? No kidding been running more oil in them since we started running kawis nationally. And yes these bikes blow through inner hubs but obviously you know very little. We can chew up a stock set up before a second fiber change is needed. I'm far from a pro motor builder but seeing how my son made Loretta's on them I tear them down routinely.

So all the more reason to stop talking shit. We all tear them down constantly and inspect hubs, cams etc.....that is why you should stop with the blanket BS.

• Like 1

So all the more reason to stop talking shit. We all tear them down constantly and inspect hubs, cams etc.....that is why you should stop with the blanket BS.

where's the bs? You should know how fast they chew up inner hubs. Some on here don't. They'll just replace clutches and scratch their heads as to why they keep chewing them up. I wasn't implying run out and blindly but the parts . But look closer than just fibers and cables..

You can measure the fibers to see if still in spec as per the manual and replace if need be, also check the steel plates are not burnt ( blue colour ) replace them if need be. Also check that the springs are in spec.

If the cable doesnt have enough free play then you also going to get slipping.