Sign in to follow this  

Homemade klx125 exhaust, not too loud type

I just picked up a klx125 that needs some love. I'm waiting for parts and deciding what to do with what looks like a worn top-end and i decided to try to hack up an exhaust.

I used a 1"ID head pipe from a suzuki lt-4wd ( 230 or 250CC, i can't remember) to replace the stock 3/4" ID pipe. I drilled a 5/8" hole in the rear baffle of the muffler and can either run a ttr-125 spark arrestor asm, or i'm working on getting a end cap from a blaster fab'ed on. the blaster end cap has a 7/8" ID tube that i cut down slightly in length.

I have no idea if this actually will make it run better as i'm waiting for wheel bearings, brakes sprockets, etc etc.

it seems nice and quiet with the ttr-125 baffle and seems a touch louder with the modified blaster end cap. i'm trying to get a couple pics uploaded.

Edited by over rev

it needs to be finished off but i feel like i have too much time invested in it, seeing as i haven't been able to test ride it. once i test ride it and see how it runs i'll finish it and probably paint it.

the bottom picture shows the difference in diameters. the stock pipe fits inside the lt-4wd pipe with room to spare

Edited by over rev