Sign in to follow this  

05 crf 250x stock bog problem

Hi i am new to the forum, i joined because i bought an 05 crf 250x two years ago and i wasnt old enough to understand that my bike had a problem but now i am the problemi am having  is when i go to get on the throttle my bike bogs out and i have to let off the throttle then get back on it! my cousin has the same bike and his bike is an 06 and he can take the throttle all the way back in thrid and fourth gear and he can pull a wheelie all the way down the road. My bike cant't get the front tire off the ground in 2 second gear becasue of the bog, i heard it could be a jetting issue did anybody have this problem or sugestions for to fix this problem?

There are a number of things it could be and all relate to the carb:

1. Plugged passage

2. Torn AP diaphragm

3.  Improperly jetted.

Your first step is to remove the air filter, place a mirror in the box so you can see down into the carb.  Now have someone quickly open the throttle.  You should see a strong squirt of gas.   If you don't, then it's #1 or #2.   If you do, then it's #3.

Jim.

I have a strong flow and have cleaned the carb and upgraded the accelerator pump and it didn't fix the problem, so i figured it was the jetting just wasn't sure thank you for the help! Any suggestions on a jet kit ??