Sign in to follow this  

Anyone undecided on getting a DRZ

Just wanted to share my experience so far on my DRZ in case someone is tetering on buying one. Let me put it in one word "FUN"! I've owned alot of bikes over the years and currently drag race a stretched and lowered ZX14R and also have an AIH Chopper Outlaw to cruise on. What puts the biggest smile on my face...this simple, dependable and nimble little thumper. My little girl loves going to the race track but all day long she keeps asking..."Dad, when we get home can we take a ride on the Dizzer(as she calls it)?" So if you are looking on buying I would just have to say it is one of the funnest you will ever own. Hope this helps...

• Like 7

Just wanted to share my experience so far on my DRZ in case someone is tetering on buying one. Let me put it in one word "FUN"! I've owned alot of bikes over the years and currently drag race a stretched and lowered ZX14R and also have an AIH Chopper Outlaw to cruise on. What puts the biggest smile on my face...this simple, dependable and nimble little thumper. My little girl loves going to the race track but all day long she keeps asking..."Dad, when we get home can we take a ride on the Dizzer(as she calls it)?" So if you are looking on buying I would just have to say it is one of the funnest you will ever own. Hope this helps...

:thumbsup:

I never got the motard thing and never had any interest in riding one. After tracking sportbikes for the past 25+ years I figured there was nothing better.

One ride on a DRZ changed everything, I purchased one within a week of my first DRZ ride.

There is something about the little DRZ, wicked fun.

• Like 3

Could not agree more.

My bike needed an out of province inspection to get insurance here so I brought it to the closest place which was a harley dealer.

Well, me being me was thinking these guys would laugh at my bike for they work on expensive ass bikes every day. Mechanic did his inspection and I heard my bike fire up then take off down the road, thinking a normal 5 min role around the block it runs and heres the keys it failed the inspection, ect.

Nope 30min later I see the mechanic come back with the biggest smile on his face and shakes my hand. I tried to play stupid saying it was a stock bike just an exhaust but he was having nothing of it.  Got talking to the owner of the shop and the mechanic,  both ended up being DS riders mechanic having a xr650 owner having a BMW 800GS.  

Long story short mechanic got it out of me the mods done to the bike and told me to come riding anytime.

Nothing like a drz to put a smile on ones face.  :ride:

• Like 1