Sign in to follow this  

KDX skid plate help

Hi guys, 

I'm looking for a skid plate for my 2005 KDX 220r.  I'd like one of those that wraps around the frame, not just a flat piece of aluminium.  Please help me find one of those.

thanks!!!

If you cant find one for a KDX, perhaps one from a early 90's KX125 could adapt?

Moose = rebranded Utah Ricochet

Good plate, ran one on my old KDX in the rocks of Arizona. It got beat up, but saved the frame rails, cases, and water pump plenty of times. 

I keep finding the Moose Racing Aluminum Skid Plate 217 everywhere on ebay and amazon but there are conflicting pictures all over.  Some pictures have just a plain aluminium sheet that acts as a skid plate when what I really want is one of those that wraps around the engine.

where can i find one of those?

I keep finding the Moose Racing Aluminum Skid Plate 217 everywhere on ebay and amazon but there are conflicting pictures all over.  Some pictures have just a plain aluminium sheet that acts as a skid plate when what I really want is one of those that wraps around the engine.

where can i find one of those?

ahhh, good eyes. i just looked at the moose website and that skid plate is just a glide plate with no side protection. i'm assuming their pictures are correct anyway.

If all else fails, skid plates are easy to build.

i'd just buy one that looks like what you want and drill holes in it to mount it up if they aren't where you need them and bend it if you have interference issues.  hell, on my husky even the ones that "fit" actually touch the ignition side cover, always. just put that wing in the vice, pull on it a bit and BAM, it fits perfectly.  

Edited by schrode
  • Like 1

My KX skid is of unknown 2t origin. I basically did just what schrode suggested. It works fine.

Edited by bowhunter007

ahhh, good eyes. i just looked at the moose website and that skid plate is just a glide plate with no side protection. i'm assuming their pictures are correct anyway.

What the hell happened to the days of getting an employee on the phone and having them physically check????Sometimes the computer age blows!
  • Like 2

What the hell happened to the days of getting an employee on the phone and having them physically check????Sometimes the computer age blows!

haha, I laughed :)  You're right though!

Yeah, you are right sir...about to click on LIKE for your post, in this computer age.  :)

So many store websites do not show the actual picture.  Dennis Kirk does about the best job on it!!