Sign in to follow this  

High rev on my rm250

Hello everyone I have a question a couple months ago I was riding my 2000 rm250 and it started to sound like it was dying and getting to much fuel. So I turned the air jet up a good bit. I looked around and people were talking about different jets. When I got the bike it had a 48 low jet in it, now I have a 40 and it runs great still smoked a lil bit I was happy with it. Until today I just took it out and hauled ass with it when I was not real hot but good and it started reving real high so I turned my air screw back down and my idle knob. Now it's super snappy when I twist the throttle but it doesn't smoke as much as it did, smokes very very little. Also it goes from low end to power bands pretty nice. Does anyone know what I did for this to happen, is this a good thing or a bad thing PLEASE HELP

Sounds like it wasn't adjusted right in the first place and you've just gotten it very close to if not spot on with how it should be

• Like 1

That's what I was hoping someone would say and not that it's ready to blow up. I usually run it 40:1 with klotz but I didn't have gas so I put my g/fs in and hers is 32:1. But won't it smoke more if there's more klotz in it because now it smokes less being 32:1

I was talking about the jet and airmixture, not to sure with fuel but I mixe then at 20-25mL to a litre which is 32-40/1 I think